• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korchemny "A Pariah"

From today's SJ Murky News

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 007999.htm

Re: Korchemny

It only took 4 paragraphs to mention he was Ukrainian. I'm surprised it wasn't in the first sentence. He has been in the country since the 70s. It really is nauseating. Coming from a family with a lot of educator types, your radar should immediately go up the minute you hear the term "school administrators". Same people who have been cancelling school when there has been the potential of a nip in the air in the east. Aren't they responsible for teaching kids "innocent until proven guilty" and all that other yankee stuff that gets thrown around a lot?

Comment

He was always a suspect in my mind being that he coached under the Soviets.......

Comment

>He was always a suspect in my mind being that he coached under the
        >Soviets.......

A commie and a furriner. The poor guy doesn't stand a chance. Where are all the constitutional lawyer types defending the American born and bred and appropriately named Jerome Young?

Comment

For what it's worth, Jerome Young was born in Jamaica.

Comment

>For what it's worth, Jerome Young was born in Jamaica.

I'm sure that is what he will be more generally described as if this thing goes bad and costs MJ a gold.

Comment

"costs MJ a gold."

Pity.

Comment

Look one could argue he was working for the Russian masters(Ukraine was occupied by the Tsarist army for 400 years and another 75 by the communists) but the point is they actively doped their star atheletes........

Comment

>For what it's worth, Jerome Young was born in Jamaica.

I'm sure that is what he will be more generally described as if this thing goes bad and costs MJ a gold.<

I don't think I read many article's from the "Proud To Be Canadian" newspapers that didn't mention Ben Johnson's steroid use and that he was born in Jamaica in the same story.

Hey MJD, maybe those same reporters went south.

Comment

They had a politcal cartoon about Johnson winning and losing gold. They first describe his Canadian champion. Then it was disgraced Jamaican born, next it was just plain Jamaican........

Comment

Hey MJD, maybe those same reporters
                      >went south.

A pox on all of the media bandwagon types...

Comment

I'm sure that is
                        >what he will be more generally described as if this thing goes bad and costs MJ
                        >a gold.

He was labelled "Jamaican-born" way back on Jan 28th at least.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 4J6DE1.DTL

"If CAS rules in favor of the IAAF, the International Olympic Committee then would have to decide whether to strip Jamaican-born Young, who became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1995 and now lives in Fort Worth, Texas, of his gold medal -- and those of his relay teammates, including Michael Johnson of Mill Valley."

Comment

>He was labelled "Jamaican-born" way back
                          >on Jan 28th at
                          >least.

It's racist and xenophobic reporting IMHO. Dittoes for Remi. Why is it relevant where he was born and, more importantly, was it mentioned much when he got the gold?

Comment

If anything, this is more relevant:

"He grew up in Hartford, Connecticut" from:

http://www.usatf.org/athletes/bios/Young_Jerome.asp

Comment

MJD: Get off your high horse. I was correcting a factual error (YOUR factual error), that's all. First you had some conspiracy theory based on the "fact" the Young was supposedly American born and bred. Now you jump to a new conspiracy theory based on the fact that, well, he isn't quite... I suggest you give it a rest. None of us born-and-bred Americans are eager to throw Young to the wolves.

Comment

Working...
                              X