Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Korchemny

>MJD: Get off your high horse. I was correcting a factual error (YOUR factual
    >error), that's all. First you had some conspiracy theory based on the "fact"
    >the Young was supposedly American born and bred. Now you jump to a new
    >conspiracy theory based on the fact that, well, he isn't quite... I suggest
    >you give it a rest. None of us born-and-bred Americans are eager to throw Young
    >to the wolves.

Kuha, that wasn't aimed at you at all and I am sorry if you thought that. I actually appreciated the fact that you pointed out my error because it made my point about the media who, I think, will throw him to the wolves. Vince is right. Ben became a Jamaican the minute he got in trouble up here despite the fact he spent his formative years here.

Comment

MJD: Thanks. I'm probably still hot under the collar from watching Ralph Nadir (sic) this morning. It's ruined my whole day.

Comment

He's a republican-that's the only explanation:-).

Comment

Now you really did it...!

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out your 200/1500 meter guy...

Comment

To tell you the truth, I've followed the sport closely since ca. 1966, and I'll admit that I'd never heard of this guy before. However, I just got a copy of the Richard Hymans Oly Trials book (1908-92) and came across this factoid. Amazing range, to say the least...and how many guys drop DOWN in distance as they get older? Anyway, it's a shame the Hymans book was never publicly released...

Comment

<it's a shame the Hymans book was never publicly released...>

Do you know why?
                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

It is imprinted as "An official publication of the Press Information Department of USA Track & Field." I suppose that means that it was a give-away to sports journalists at the '96 trials. And the minute the meet ended, I imagine that most of these copies went straight into the recycling bin. Let's put pressure on GH to update this and issue it in time for the '04 trials. I'm sure T&FN needs another money-losing project--a great tax write-off however...

Comment

<I'm sure T&FN needs another money-losing project--a great tax write-off however...>

It could be a money maker (or at least a break-even). Would it be possible to print it (even in a loose leaf format) and sell it just as daily program sheeths are sold at the Trials. I am pretty sure there are enough interested people out there that would buy it. I sure would.
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I believe the USATF media folks are going to reissue an updated version this year.

And no, the remaining copies after the last printing weren't recycled! They were pretty much all distributed.

Comment

I was joking of course, when I referred to recycling and money-losing... This is an enormously worthy project, but it's not a small one. The '96 volume runs several hundred pages. It can admittedly be typeset more efficiently, but, on the other hand, there would be the '96 and '00 trials results to add. I'm happy to hear that this might all be done. It would be especially nice to make the volume publicly available.

Comment

Working...
                        X