• Show
Clear All

• Murky News Says Trevor Graham's Name Came Up At Grand Jury

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 026825.htm

Re: Murky News Says Trevor Graham's Name Came Up At Grand Ju

It will be a very interesting year.

Comment

The deafening silence on this post speaks volumes.

Comment

j...I think it's because the implications are all over the place and you're not meant to speculate here. I always thought Graham may have been the initial grass (can I say that?), but who knows?

Comment

I don't think that in and of itself, the Mercury News article means all that much.

This is directly from the affidavit:

"Three torn versions of a letter addressed to IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) and the USADA (United States Anti-Doping Agency) testing personnel, disclosing allegations of steroid distribution by a renowned track and field coach to several elite track and field athletes. The letter alleges that the coach obtains a specific steroid from Mexico and specifically strategizes the scheduling of events and testing to avoid detection of the steroid use."

This was found in Balco's trash, so it's not a huge leap to assume that someone there probably wrote it. The fact that Trevor Graham's name is on the letter, as the source cited in the story claims, could mean lots of things. It could mean that investigators were trying to determine if he indeed was doing what the letter claimed. It could also mean that someone at Balco was trying to deflect attention elsewhere. The article seems to imply the former, while the latter would make just as much, if not more sense. Unfortunately, the letter either wasn't dated, or the date was left off the affidavit. That's an important element in the timeline and would help fill in some of the blanks.

Comment

Working...
          X