Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Jamaica athletes tested positive for Banned substances!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by track_expert
    Originally posted by freddykruger77
    Sources have disclosed to me personally that the substance in question was from an energy drink. It was not on the banned list at the time of taking, however it was subsequently added and therefore the test results came back positive. It is said that 7 athletes in total have tested positive.
    Wasnt it first 2 athletes, then 5? and now 7!?
    That is correct and apparently they are all from the same camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by track_expert
      Originally posted by Speedfirst
      Originally posted by skiboo
      Are you asking if it were known, everyone had an answer sheet? But even I did know, I wouldn't use the answer sheet, if everyone decided to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't.
      What advantage do you gain from following everyone off a bridge? Unless you were suicidal and having a hard time following through, it's a strange analogy.
      You're missing the point, here''s MY point, not being a follower and also my integrity. So in other words, if you follow someone here, you'll follow the next person there. If the analogy is strange to you, well to bad.
      Doesnt mean you have to be a follower, anyone who does anything like that because of others is a downright idiot. It's your own deicsion based on what you need to do.
      Of course it is, but you did present the scenario stating if others had a cheat sheet. Why not simply ask would you cheat, not present it with a stipulation.
      on the road

Comment

• Originally posted by freddykruger77
        Originally posted by track_expert
        Originally posted by freddykruger77
        Sources have disclosed to me personally that the substance in question was from an energy drink. It was not on the banned list at the time of taking, however it was subsequently added and therefore the test results came back positive. It is said that 7 athletes in total have tested positive.
        Wasnt it first 2 athletes, then 5? and now 7!?
        That is correct and apparently they are all from the same camp.
        [

If this is true about the sport drink and the stated banned list notification, who is responsible for such a mix up?. How this is going to be justified?

This is a very big time mess.

Bolt, Anderson, Blake, Chambers and Gonzales are from Mills camp. [/quote]

Comment

• so blimpie you're fingering the mills camp without proof?
          ~ I bleed BLACK, GREEN, and YELLOW~

Comment

• [quote=track_expert][quote="Jerome Marrow":3dspxt2i][quote="track_expert":3dspxt2i][quote="Jerome Marrow":3dspxt2i]
            Originally posted by "track_expert":3dspxt2i
            A banned substance could technically be a PED, as we know there are both legal and illegal performance enhancers.

If a said banned substance enhanced your peformance, than of course it's a performane enhancer, only question then is, what is the substance.
            Ya thats the interesting part.
            Im NOT making any accusations here, just stating that if anyone like usain, tyson, asafa or other not-so-big guys tested positive for a anabolic steroid, i'd be shocked outa my mind. For obvious reasons, if you ever watch a clip of these guys in the weight room :lol:
            Wow you just proved you know nothing about this.

What do you know about Tyson in the weightroom? Wait, you saw a small clip of him with drummond. Yeah.....[/quote:3dspxt2i]

My mistake on Tyson, but is it really a lot to assume he doesnt have MUCH starting strength? If he was squatting 500 pounds im sure his start would be much much better and much greater acceleration power. And if a guy with little starting strength was pumping up anabolic drugs, you'd expect to see some improvement in that area, no?[/quote:3dspxt2i]

Shawn Crawford tested positive in 05 for AAS, is very strong in the weightroom, and has a horrible start.

Justin Gatlin tested positive for testosterone, did not have a start as good as Gay's, and was also quite strong in the weightroom.

Get your nonsense out of here.[/quote:3dspxt2i]

When did crawford test positive?
            Whats your notes on crawford's squatting numbers?[/quote:3dspxt2i] Yes, but don't let USATF fool you. This was addressed previously.

They aren't really notes. They are what I saw with my eyes. The weights were huge and he still had a piss poor start. I'd tell you the workouts I saw, but then you would go spouting it off on every goddamn forum.
            Also i wasnt talking about the reaction to the gun, there's the force application onto the blocks/first step, there's the first 10m, first 30m on the whole, and ability to transit efficiently from drive phase onto upright position.
            And also stride length (which gatlin certainly had covered),
            Look at Gatlin's best 30m time. Slower than Gay's best, even when you factor in rxn. Gay consistently has a better start than Gatlin did, not to say that either have particularly incredible starts for their level in the 100m (they aren't going sub 3.8 to 30m).

Comment

Working...
            X