Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo Green weighs in

In today's Washington Post sports..above the fold on the front page of the sports section:

Greene advocates ban

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... May17.html

Re: Mo Green weighs in

you gotta love him.

he made a lot of really strong comments that he has to sink or swim with. i've always felt that there was something a little sinister underneath with mo -- he's 'nice' but he has this plotting sense about him that rubs me the wrong way sometimes. having said that, he's an amazing athlete whose accomplishments are undeniable - and i don't think ANYONE who was a cheater would make these kinds of 'life ban' comments if they had anything to worry about. he may be past his prime too much to beat tim's lucky WR, but I do think he'll win in Athens.

Comment

could somewon post a different link that dosent require you to login and give a password

Comment

Take your pick:

http://news.google.ca/news?hl=en&lr=&ie ... &scoring=d

Comment

"Me thinks the lady doth protest too much" comes to mind. Probable explaination is he's clean as a whistle but just outspoken. But it always plants a seed of doubt when someone has to constantly affirm their innocence/'cleaness' either directly or indirectly.

Mo greene by his record is the greatest 100m sprinter to have walked the earth. There are few, who have seen alot of sprinting over the years, who would feel this way.

From watching him run you don't get the impression of great talent in terms of the way he moves as you would in a Lewis, C.Smith, which is a part of being that fast, you get an impression of artificiality.

The impression I get from Maurice Greene's races is only that he is just that much more stronger than everyone else. Stronger at every point in the race. Some splits say he has the fastest time/joint fastest time (from different races) at every 10m split. This is highly unusual, the ability to be as fast as Lewis at the end of a race and as fast as a Mitchell(not including reaction) at the beginning. Seemingly no chinks.

Comment

if that was a response to me, i guess i should have been clearer - i was saying i don't think anybody who WAS a cheater would make the statements he made.

compare and contrast with marion and many others. he's basically just saying 'a lifetime ban is a good idea', he doesn't even have to bring himself into it.

Comment

batting 2-for-2 in today's USA Today, BOTH track articles are about drugs. Here's Mo's:
              http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics ... eene_x.htm

Comment

Surely you jest??? The biggest grand-standing accusers are very often guilty themselves. The public displays of repulsion takes the focus far from the accusers. Obviously, looking at your stance, it works.

Remember how appalled Republicans were over consensual sex Clinton had with Monica. Now those same folks are caught with their pants down in the sex scandal of the era. It's call Abu Ghraib.

Comment

Remember how
                  >appalled Republicans were over consensual sex Clinton had with Monica. Now
                  >those same folks are caught with their pants down in the sex scandal of the
                  >era. It's call Abu Ghraib.

that has to be the dumbest thing anyone has ever written on here.

there's no parallels to be drawn.

anyway, mo greene is the top sprinter in the US right now.. there's nothing he can say that would 'take the focus' off him. everyone's being scrutinized.

the bottom line is nobody knows for sure but speculation is what we're 'best' at on this forum!

Comment

Re: Mo Greene* weighs in

> there's no parallels to be drawn.

Well, the parallel would be that those who take the moral high ground are frequently hiding an Iraqi skeleton in their closet...

> anyway, mo greene is the top sprinter in the US right now..

Really? Since when?

Comment

Re: Mo Greene* weighs in

>> there's no parallels to be drawn.

Well, the parallel would be that those
                      >who take the moral high ground are frequently hiding an Iraqi skeleton in their
                      >closet...

the republican lawmakers arent committing the abuses.

> anyway, mo greene is the top sprinter in the US right
                      >now..

Really? Since when?

since he's run the fastest time so far this year, will win the trials, and most likely the gold?

=)

we shall see

Comment

Obviously that's because you don't have the intelligence to see the parallel.

Comment

>Obviously that's because you don't have the intelligence to see the parallel.

Personally, I think it might be because you tried an incompatible parallel. Perhaps you should have used Newt Gingrich as your anti-Clinton example.

Comment

Working...
                          X