X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korchemny's Young Athletes Stand By Him

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 6NLCQ1.DTL

Re: Korchemny's Young Athletes Stand By Him

Maybe they should stand ON him instead of by him.

Comment

Interesting that the article doesn't mention that he gave modafinil, a prescription drug, to some of his athletes who then got busted. I guess that's not a big deal for the parent's.

Comment

i am going to pretend no highfalutin moral outrage. if he was coaching my child and the child was enjoying it and improving their skills and such, i would have no problem with the arrangement.

i'm sure he's not giving substances to the young kids he coaches.

cue ridiculous commentary from the forum regulars about not being a good 'role model' etc

Comment

Until such time as he is CONVICTED of a crime, he's fine. If he is convicted, then he's done coaching youth.

Comment

>i am going to pretend no highfalutin moral outrage. if he was coaching my child
            >and the child was enjoying it and improving their skills and such, i would have
            >no problem with the arrangement.

i'm sure he's not giving substances to the
            >young kids he coaches.

As a parent, how can you be so sure he's not giving young kids substances? Does he draw the line at a certain age? He's already been named as giving the prescription drug Modafinil to Chris Phillips. He also coaches Kelli White and Chryste Gaines, who were caught using Modafinil. Wouldn't that be enough of a warning sign?

Sure I want my children to have fun and improve their skills, but I personally believe it's not worth the risk. I guess you just have a higher risk tolerance.

Comment

You people sound like you are sleeping. Aware about the drugs your children can find on the streets, schools, party-time etc. Those drugs you should be afraid of. In sport the situation is different and you guys know it.

But however, don't convict somebody who's innocent until proven guilty. We live in the States, right?

Comment

>You people sound like you are sleeping.

I'm not sleeping because I have my Modafinil :-)

But however,
                >don't convict somebody who's innocent until proven guilty. We live in the
                >States, right?

I'm not convicting the man. I'll let the courts decide that. I'm just saying that as a parent and based on what I've read, I would remove my child from the situation. I am allowed to make that choice aren't I? If you feel that you could wait until he is proven innocent or guilty then that's your prerogative.

Comment

I wonder how parents would have responded if the charges had been related to street drugs.

Comment

I fail to understand why anyone should be less concerned just because they were performance enhancing drugs. The detriment to the body can be very severe, and is very well documented. Check the last couple months of Flex magazine for a good recent story on the effects of steroids.

Comment

>Check the last couple months of Flex magazine for a
                      >good recent story on the effects of steroids.

...on the other hand, if you don't use steroids, you have a zero chance of ever making the Flex cover.
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

What does all this say about Borzov himself?

Comment

I was one of his first athletes when he came to the US and I stand by him tall and proud. Remi is the best coach in the entire world - bar none. He is also a very decent human being. I challenge anyone on this board to list the name of a more knowledgeable and effective coach in the world.
                          His greatness will never diminish in my view.

Once, we specifically wanted to know Remi's opinion of steroids. I remember his answer. "You don't need steroids. You can get the same results without steroids."

Notwithstanding all the above, I really don't give a rat's booty who uses or who don't use the stuff. There will NEVER, EVER, NEVER, EVER be a time when world records and Olympic Championships are all natural. So what's going on today is nothing short of a witch hunt to dig into people's sovereign bodies.

I'm glad I never had to go through the whole testing culture when you are compelled to pull your weenie out in full view of some anonymous person of the same sex, the whole time wondering if he's getting off watching you. The violation of privacy is tremendous and it will take a while before the international community recognizes it as such. Trust me, sports scientists are busy in the lab as we speak working on some new undectable serum.

Those who voted for Arnold Swartznegger for govenor unwittingly endorse the use of steroids. Arnold has been very open about his extensive use of steroids. Without them, he would not have won Mr. Universe. Without Mr. Universe, considering his piss-poor acting skills, he probably would not have landed all his acting roles. Without his acting roles, there's no way he would have been elected govenor with no experience whatsoever. I sure don't see anyone burning their Terminator videos because the performances are rated 'S.'

Comment

>As a parent, how can you be so
                            >sure he's not giving young kids substances? Does he draw the line at a certain
                            >age? He's already been named as giving the prescription drug Modafinil to Chris
                            >Phillips. He also coaches Kelli White and Chryste Gaines, who were caught using
                            >Modafinil. Wouldn't that be enough of a warning sign?

Sure I want my
                            >children to have fun and improve their skills, but I personally believe it's
                            >not worth the risk. I guess you just have a higher risk tolerance.

Such a statement is filled with mindlessness. If athletes from the same team using a particular drug indicts the coach, then was our college coach responsible for all the party drugs we ingested, including drinking ourselves under the table? Get real. To this very day HE NEVER KNEW.

Comment

>Interesting that the article doesn't mention that he gave modafinil, a
                              >prescription drug, to some of his athletes who then got busted. I guess that's
                              >not a big deal for the parent's.

I guess its because you are taking internet rumours as facts.

Comment

Working...
                              X