Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Significant development re Marion Jones...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Significant development re Marion Jones...

In response to a demand from MJ's lawyer for a meeting to clear the air, USADA has agreed to meet with Marion Jones at her convenience to detail what evidence they may or may not have regarding her relationship with Balco and the ongoing doping scandal.

Is this a demand for an affirmation of her innocence? Or is Marion working from the angle of a potential negotiation based upon her lack of knowledge as to what evidence USADA has in her case? Or what?

USADA says the meeting will be entirely confidential, with no disclosures of what may or may not have been presented or discussed.

Very interesting.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm ... geNumber=1

Re: Significant development re Marion Jones...

Jones lawyer is mad at the USADA for creating an atmosphere like a witch hunt.

Regardless of whether Marion Jones is guilty or not, it is refreshing for once to see the athletes squirm instead of watching the enforcing authorities frustrated by legal road blocks.

As a client of mine once said when I asked if we should contact a businessman with whom we were in negotiation, "No, let him stew in his own urine for a while."

Right now, there's a whole lot of stewing going on!
    "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

Considering the very short time frame that USADA is working with, I think it is mostly by design that they have created that image. Right now one of the keys to expediting their proceedings is to make these athletes squirm.

Maybe it isn't purely ethical to encourage such an atmosphere, but the ones who will squirm for real will be the guilty, not the innocent.

Comment

Considering the very short time frame that USADA is working with, I think it is mostly by design that they have created that image. >>>

i think they (usada) want to clear up the situation before the team leaves for the olympics. it would be terrible for the team to be selected only to have athletes taken off the airplane.

Comment

They're more worried about dirty athletes actually winning medals and having to return them.

Comment

Working...
          X