Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which are the "drugged" countries

and to have any real meaning, the list needs to reflect the positives as a percentage of the number of world-class athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      and to have any real meaning, the list needs to reflect the positives as a percentage of the number of world-class athletes.
      I completely disagree with you on that. India has few world class athletes but the incredible number of athletes, even factoring for population, shows that there is a belief that there athletes need PED's to "catch up"; that's how a culture of doping begins, by making athletes/coaches/admins believe that the ONLY way that they get there is with drugs because everyone else is dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by batonless relay
        Originally posted by gh
        I completely disagree with you on that. India has few world class athletes but the incredible number of athletes, even factoring for population, shows that there is a belief that there athletes need PED's to "catch up"; that's how a culture of doping begins, by making athletes/coaches/admins believe that the ONLY way that they get there is with drugs because everyone else is dirty.
        This. Percentage of the population is certainly a actor to look at, but percentage of world-class athletes is pointless and vague in it's boundaries, India clearly has a doping culture in Athletics, being crap isn't any less significant.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          What is your definition of "world-class" in this context?

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I am not surprised that the Aussie and Kiwi athletes combine to have zero suspensions.

Comment

Originally posted by GDAWG
              Maybe it's just me, but I am not surprised that the Aussie and Kiwi athletes combine to have zero suspensions.

Especially given that massive story about uncovering Oz mafia supplying their sports with drugs.

As a Rugby fan I also seriously doubt there isn't steroids rife in the sport, however dope testing is a joke outside Olympic sports.

Comment

Originally posted by eldanielfire
                Originally posted by GDAWG

Especially given that massive story about uncovering Oz mafia supplying their sports with drugs.

As a Rugby fan I also seriously doubt there isn't steroids rife in the sport, however dope testing is a joke outside Olympic sports.
                It is so far limited to only two codes of football - rugby league and Aussie rules.
                However, like Eldanielfire I suspect PEDs are probably used by rugby players individually. The testing regime outside of the main Olympic sports is pretty much non existent.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  right.

some countries have fads where there are a wave of users, then there are busts or heat and the numbers go down, sometimes to zero.

countries where people don't know much about the new testing will be affected "suddenly" by the test results.

i think that these drug busts are a very good thing for track and field long-term (should they root out most of the users) short term, however it is a disaster.

i'm waiting for the busts of the biggests king pins (#1 and #2 in the sport) to come and totally wash away the facaeds of track and field. at that point there will be no point in defending the current fraudulant system.

and then we can get on with the experment, with fair play. the new policy" is that you just have to say what you use and document it, and still test the athletes. usder this scheme, the athlete is a willing guinea pig for all to learn from. certainly the affects of steroids, epo and the rest can help many many people and we will know better what they do, what the side effects are.

good riddance to the old paradigm of track and field.

Comment

chiming in with rugby. rugby is super pregnant with gluttonous PED users.rugby countries numbers will go through the roof if there was sudden comprehensive testing.

references?: well, you can be in the know, or you can see, or you can google MD (medical doctor) and Rugby and PED (steroid, HGH, peptides, etc) and see what you get.

Comment

DopingList.com has the following from a tweet I got:

We have registered more than 1400 doping cases in Track and Field. Below you can see some data from our database.

Top three countries:
                      1: Russian Federation 142
                      2: United States 133
                      3: India 128

I think this list goes back to eternity. Its a pay site so I can't give you more information.

Comment

Working...
                      X