Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any athlete whose integrity is beyond doping?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is there any athlete whose integrity is beyond doping?

Originally posted by tm71
    is this merely a philosophical exercise ? can anyone trust people that they don't really know ?
    sometimes you get even burned by people you know well.
    Exactly. The larger point is the essential imperfection of human nature. And the fact that, in human affairs, there are no absolutes. We can either accept that as a fundamental reality, or be perpetually surprised, outraged, indignant, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog
      That Corey kid eventually testified against his Dad, who pled guilty and was sentenced to like 5 or 6 years in jail and if I remember correctly, he's a free man now.
      i see now, the story was published on SI in 2008. good to see that the authorities charged and convicted him. often they dont want to deal with the mess and drama of cases like this.

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
        Originally posted by gh
        40-odd years ago I decided it was easiest just to take the stance that everbody is using; that way you never have to face crushing disappointment when it turns out to be true. (but no, of course, I don't really believe everybody is)
        Yup.

If you want a guarantee of absolute purity, stick to junior high level sports.
        Having watched the antics of sideline parents you are likely to have your faith in absolute purity destroyed. Just look at what those parents in the child beauty pageants get up to. The kids may be pure, or at least start off pure, but their parents?? And I believe there are probably parents out there who would stop at nothing to ensure their child wins.

Comment

Until last year i was certain that German runners were clean, because they were simply too bad to be using. I mean, you don't need to dope to run 400m in 46.5 or 53.0s. Then Simret Restle tested positive, a woman with a 1500m PB of 4:16 and 10000m of 32:41. That's when i realised, nobody is above suspicion, no matter where they stand in the rankings.

Comment

Just read the SI article GH posted. Just proves some parents are worse that the worst PED adult athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by run4urlyfe
              Is there anyone who you would put your hand in the fire for???
              There was.

Even if it was not intentional, end effect is that my hand would be burned now... so...

No.
              Regards,
              toyracer

Comment

I am not sure how controversial this statement is going to be......... I for one would lose my faith in mankind if I found out tracks eternal sweetheart Allyson Felix was doping. I can't put my finger on why I trust her so much even amidst all the positive busts right now. Some of it might be her early performances that were otherworldy while still displaying the physique of a normal teenage girl(possibly even an underwhelming physique). Her tears in Bejing were those of someone who had sacrificed almost all their body could which is why losing didn't come easy because she took no shortcuts. Then submitting to the stringent standards of Project Believe where she does blood tests more than double the amount that the average track and field athlete has to.

I believe her in my heart when she says she runs to glorify god and that if winning is not in his plan she prays that she can accept that and be ok with that. Many of the others like to claim god at the finish line(as do gangsta rappers at soul train awards) but I believe Allyson has walked the walk for the most part ex. missing training sessions for participation in her church outreach etc. I believe if Allyson was ever unclean the 200 wr would have fallen and we would have seen much better 100 times from her.

I think alot of the same things go for Sanya as well. I feel that she probably treasures her health much more than the average young athlete because of all she has been through. An illness that could jeopardize your life puts winning and losing in perspective. Like Allyson her virtuosic performances as a junior allowed for the progressions she had throughout her career and I believe if she were dirty she would have broken or at least been much more closer to Marita Koch's record.

Comment

I know I'm beyond doping. Other than that I can't say for sure. I know most of my teammates and close friends well enough that I know they wouldn't dope , but the only person you can absolutely know is clean is yourself...

Comment

After the amazing comeback from cancer, I'd be gutted if Novlene Williams-Mills was +ve.

Comment

Originally posted by Blues
                      I'm getting in before it's locked... Unfortunately I don't know names, but here are some photos of athletes I'll currently put my hand in the fire for.

http://www.risingstarstc.com/photos/laj ... g_1189.jpg

http://kharefamily.files.wordpress.com/ ... og-005.jpg
                      Do any of them have braces??? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by TeWaio
                        After the amazing comeback from cancer, I'd be gutted if Novlene Williams-Mills was +ve.
                        Millions said the same about some other famous athlete cancer survivor.

Comment

Felix and Trey Hardee

Comment

Originally posted by dbirds
                            Felix and Trey Hardee
                            On Saturday, I bet many would put them on par with Tyson Gay.

Comment

Mary Cain? If a high school junior was going to cheat, I find it implausible that he/she would go this far with it.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                                Mary Cain? If a high school junior was going to cheat, I find it implausible that he/she would go this far with it.
                                OMG jazzcyclist - are you into self flagellation. You've just given aaronk another opening. Mind you, at least this time we will all be supporting aaronk as he writes another chapter in the continuing biography of young Miss Cain.

Comment

Working...
                                X