Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Lauryn Williams played it too safe??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has Lauryn Williams played it too safe??

Originally posted by ATK
    I'm slightly confused at this topic. Shouldn't she be applauded for this? She was a grade A world beater for some time...
    Well i am certainly not attacking her. Just wondering if she sold herself to short being that careful. I am pretty sure even athletes like Felix and Richards Ross take some sort of supplements to help them thru training. Personally unless you are eating all organic food from the best growers I think you would not be getting all you need in your diet as an athlete training as strenously as an elite sprinter.

Comment

Originally posted by Swoosher
      When discussing what works and doesn't - here is a useful link

http://www.ausport.gov.au/ais/nutrition ... ation_test

From the Austrlian Insititue of Sport and details what "supplements" their athletes can and can't take and why. Lead by some of the worlds experts in nutirtion etc etc with a large amount of research behind it.

Creatine in the A group - meaning it can be provided and has scientific evidence that it can work. ZMA in the C category with "no meaningful evidence" that it works.
      If "sports drink" is classified as a supplement, then even I take them. And I cannot imagine any serious athlete hydrating with water only.

Comment

Originally posted by run4urlyfe
        It is way more than anecdotal.
        No, it is not. It would be scientific if a sample group used creatine under your protocol, while an identical group used placebo under the same protocol. None of them would know what they took until a code was broken. Such study would be scientific and if independently confirmed more than once, it could become accepted as evidential. Your story, no matter how well documented remains just that, your story.
        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
          Originally posted by run4urlyfe
          It is way more than anecdotal.
          No, it is not. It would be scientific if a sample group used creatine under your protocol, while an identical group used placebo under the same protocol. None of them would know what they took until a code was broken. Such study would be scientific and if independently confirmed more than once, it could become accepted as evidential. Your story, no matter how well documented remains just that, your story.

I made a mistake when i said way more than anecdotal. I meant way more than a Placebo. I know the increases are not all in my head because as the sky is blue when i take creatine my lifts go up I have been cycling on and off more over 5 years now and there has never been a time when my lifts
          had not increased. Mental tricks and placebos will only work some of the time but not time after time. There are some people who are classic non responders(somewhat rare) but for the vast majority i am sure they would experience the same effect.

Zinc on its own is proven to give a subtle increase in testosterone so I dont see how ZMA could be any worse plus the added benefits of sleep dont hurt either.

Comment

Working...
          X