Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think pushed certain dopers over the edge?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think pushed certain dopers over the edge?

For Tyson was it his 4th place finish in the Olys 0.01 seconds behind Gatlin or was Bolt too much throughout these last years?

For VCB was it watching her 200(her main event) deteriorate and feeling pressured to reclaim her world title? Ironically she wont be claiming anything.

Re: What do you think pushed certain dopers over the edge?

You are delusional if you think dopers just started doping after they are already elite.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoff
      You are delusional if you think dopers just started doping after they are already elite.
      No, he just has a thread creation complex.

Comment

Originally posted by batonless relay

Batonless i have the perfect solution for you. If a thread is not to your liking and standards press the back button on your computer and go about your not so merry way. You took five worthless seconds out of your life to input nothing when you could have just kept your beak closed.Go run a relay without the baton. Silly. :lol:

Comment

Its funny on this board posters are subconciously trained in giving the benefit of the doubt to suspicious athletes. It is only when they are busted that we allow a free for all rain of blows on their head. Its funny a week ago it would be blasphemous to have accused Gay of doping now all of a sudden we can be sure VCB and Gay have been dirty this whole time. Well why are they just being caught now? Is this the year of the sacrifical lamb? Offer up all your dirty athletes to the track gods in 2013 lest ye recieve though blessings upon you. I for one am trying not to be jaded so that i can enjoy the sport somewhat. I would like to think VCB 21.74 was natural talent just as I believe Felix 21.69 was natural talent. I would like to believe Gay 9.69 and 9.7's were natural talent too. The one thing all these athletes have in common is being slightly over the hill which may be the biggest factor. It is hard to see how all these big names went through all these Olympics and World Championships in their primes and are just getting busted in their twilight ages where if anything they would have built a legacy to last forever and have a big chance of ruining it now.

Comment

Originally posted by run4urlyfe
            Its funny on this board posters are subconciously trained in giving the benefit of the doubt to suspicious athletes. It is only when they are busted that we allow a free for all rain of blows on their head.
            Subconsciously trained? Innocent until found guilty is a "funny" concept? :roll:

Busted = fact.
            Suspicious = idle speculation.
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by batonless relay

Batonless i have the perfect solution for you. If a thread is not to your liking and standards press the back button on your computer and go about your not so merry way. You took five worthless seconds out of your life to input nothing when you could have just kept your beak closed.Go run a relay without the baton. Silly. :lol:
              people who flood the board—on any topic—eventually come to an unhappy ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                Its funny on this board posters are subconciously trained in giving the benefit of the doubt to suspicious athletes. It is only when they are busted that we allow a free for all rain of blows on their head.
                Subconsciously trained? Innocent until found guilty is a "funny" concept? :roll:

Busted = fact.

Well then the fact is Tyson Gay tested positive in 2013 not in 2008, 2009 or any other year. The fellow posters to this thread thought it naive of me to think that he just started. As far as I am concerned he has been proven innocent in every year he has not been caught. Please interject is this type of reasoning is not logical.

Comment

Busted = fact.

Well then the fact is Tyson Gay tested positive in 2013 not in 2008, 2009 or any other year. The fellow posters to this thread thought it naive of me to think that he just started. As far as I am concerned he has been proven innocent in every year he has not been caught. Please interject is this type of reasoning is not logical.
                  When somebody's guess does retroactively prove correct still does not make it a sound judgment. So no, I find your reasoning entirely groundless.
                  by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Busted = fact.

When somebody's guess does retroactively prove correct still does not make it a sound judgment. So no, I find your reasoning entirely groundless.
                    Im a bit confused. Exactly what is groundless? The fact that he should be seen as innocent until proven guilty for the years he didn't test positive?

Comment

Run4urlyfe, I am afraid you lost me. I am saying that one is innocent until proven guilty and speculations about their guilt without proof are baseless. If you agree, fine, if not, oh well.
                      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Run4urlyfe, I am afraid you lost me. I am saying that one is innocent until proven guilty and speculations about their guilt without proof are baseless. If you agree, fine, if not, oh well.

I agree(for the most part). The debate started when dustoff thought I was delusional for thinking Tyson had just starting using banned substances recently and Batonless Relay indirectly agreed with the comment he posted. My logic ,if even only playing devils advocate, is that if we give someone with a clean doping history the benefit of the doubt because they didnt fail a test then by that same reasoning you have to give a convicted doper the benefit of the doubt during the years when they didn't fail the test. Does that line up with your views?

Comment

I agree(for the most part). The debate started when dustoff thought I was delusional for thinking Tyson had just starting using banned substances recently and Batonless Relay indirectly agreed with the comment he posted. My logic ,if even only playing devils advocate, is that if we give someone with a clean doping history the benefit of the doubt because they didnt fail a test then by that same reasoning you have to give a convicted doper the benefit of the doubt during the years when they didn't fail the test. Does that line up with your views?
                          This gets a bit murky. I suppose, one needs to approach these one by one 8-) .
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

It is def tricky. I for one am not inclined to believe VCB GAY et al just all of a sudden decided to all get sloppy and let their guard down now. If i was in their shoes I would rather miss out on a world title than tarnish my reputation forever. I think many have gotten jaded and for some it may have been because of specific instances( I gave some examples). How do you think VCB felt going from two time gold medalist in the 200 to not even medaling? Or Tyson being a hundredth off from making the podium. If we believe they were doping all along then it is because we believe some performances are just too good to be done naturally but at the same time you have cartoonish sprinters pushing the world record when they should be nearing retirement but you cant mention that though :roll:

Comment

You are an absolute idiot. The board rules dictate not calling out people for doping without evidence or actual sanctions against the athletes. That hardly indicates that people just started doping when they are caught.

If you believe doping actually helps to a degree to which it should be banned, ask yourself how much sense it makes that an athlete already capable of 9.6 or 10.7 would begin to dope at this point and have no improvement. That is stupid, like your posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X