Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think pushed certain dopers over the edge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you think pushed certain dopers over the edge?

Originally posted by dustoff
    You are an absolute idiot. The board rules dictate not calling out people for doping without evidence or actual sanctions against the athletes. That hardly indicates that people just started doping when they are caught.

If you believe doping actually helps to a degree to which it should be banned, ask yourself how much sense it makes that an athlete already capable of 9.6 or 10.7 would begin to dope at this point and have no improvement. That is stupid, like your posts.

First off the board rules dictate you respect fellow posters so i don't know GH stance on calling people idiots because that is as inflammatory a remark as it gets. Seems this board is rife with digital gangsters. Anyway now to assess reading comprehension..... I didn't ever say that this boards rules indicate anything in the real world what I did say is that on this board you can only speak about what has been publicly exposed( I won't use the word proven) so using that same logic what does Tyson positive test in May/June 2013 tell you about his supplement usage in 2009 or 2008? Please feel free to answer. An athlete of Tyson or VCB age may not dope to seek absolute improvement they may dope to restore the caliber of performance they had in their prime/peak or at least maintain it. The only rebuttal i see you possibly having is what you may feel like is common sense but guess what common sense is what tells the average person athlete xyz is doping and guess what it doesn't fly on this particular board.

Comment

Dustoff wrote " You are an absolute idiot."

16. Above all, try to remain courteous, adhering to the old adage, "it's not what you say, it's how you say it." Insulting your fellow posters is a good way to get banned; insulting the mods is a certain way. If there's the slightest chance your dry wit might be misinterpreted, consider throwing in a smilie.

THIS is straight from the g mister guideline. Obviously you are not ignorant of the rules of this board but you break them willingly and freely.

Comment

As I understand it we are still waiting to find out just what the actual offense was. Steroids is one thing; stimulants is something else again. Maybe Gay was a mate of Vijay Singh and was using antler spray. I think before accusations are made against Gay (or anyone else for that matter) we should wait until we know what he is specifically guilty of.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki
          As I understand it we are still waiting to find out just what the actual offense was. Steroids is one thing; stimulants is something else again. Maybe Gay was a mate of Vijay Singh and was using antler spray. I think before accusations are made against Gay (or anyone else for that matter) we should wait until we know what he is specifically guilty of.
          Unofficial sources are claiming it is a high level stimulant. For me that is still way different than an anabolic type substance. I can see people experimenting with new stimulants and certain stimulants in different dosages but steroids of any kind are a complete no no.

Comment

I will say this I am not entirely surprised by the Tyson situation. I recall an interview a while back where Tyson said that he lived, breathed and ate track and had no plan B - this in a sport where an injured sprinter cannot effectively compete or may be entirely sidelined. I recall him saying how he admired Lauryn Williams for being sensible about having a post track and field career plan but that was not for him - track was all he had. I admired his focus and determination but felt that it was an unhealthy way to live. Of course no one knows the particulars of his case, but I would think with that kind of mindset one would be willing to walk pretty close to the line of what is acceptable - especially if one felt the clock ticking and time running out so to speak. The problem with that of course is that one may inadvertently end up crossing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackrunner
              I will say this I am not entirely surprised by the Tyson situation. I recall an interview a while back where Tyson said that he lived, breathed and ate track and had no plan B - this in a sport where an injured sprinter cannot effectively compete or may be entirely sidelined. I recall him saying how he admired Lauryn Williams for being sensible about having a post track and field career plan but that was not for him - track was all he had. I admired his focus and determination but felt that it was an unhealthy way to live. Of course no one knows the particulars of his case, but I would think with that kind of mindset one would be willing to walk pretty close to the line of what is acceptable - especially if one felt the clock ticking and time running out so to speak. The problem with that of course is that one may inadvertently end up crossing it.

Well I take it he will go into coaching eventually because in another five years or so the checks will be very scanty.

Comment

Working...
              X