Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marion/Scott Peterson Link

Bet that subject line caught your attention!

Front page of the SF Chronicle today (main section, not sports) has a huge picture of Marion wrapped in a flag, another picture of Victor Conte and with the copy, takesup more than half the front page.

It's the headline structure that's interesting. Under Marion the main hed says "Spriner's ties to lab owner at issue" and the sub-hed says "Anti-doping agency may seek ban despite lack of positive drug test."

A couple of inches down is the latest Scott Peterson coverage, with the main hed "Can the prosecutors make their case stick?" and sub-hed of "The Problem: the evidence on hand is only circumstancial." They coulda used those heds on her story!

go to sfgate.com

Re: Marion/Scott Peterson Link

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/di ... sage=61196

Comment

Here is link to San Francisco Chronicle story

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 6UN7F1.DTL

Comment

re: that story

she may be able to avoid a ban, but in my mind she will always be tainted. obviously some of those calendars refer to her, they list all her meets.. if someone can name someone that was in all those same meets other than her, maybe that would change things. if several other people testify of the alphabet abbreviations referring to various banned substances, i'm sorry, but there's only so far this can go before any rational person says 'okay, i get it'. that's not to imply a specific legal end is assured, but the news gets worse and worse every time something new is said.

Comment

If Marion was being 'assisted' until September of 2001, how come she was posting mediocre times (by her standards)? She lost the WC as well. I would have thought she would be at 10.6x, 10.7x if she was on the juice at the time.

Comment

>If Marion was being 'assisted' until September of 2001, how come she was
            >posting mediocre times (by her standards)? She lost the WC as well. I would
            >have thought she would be at 10.6x, 10.7x if she was on the juice at the time.

any number of reasons.. tapered off her training a lot compared to the OG year, etc

Comment

hmmm..and there isn't a convincing case that Conte was such a genius in the way he prescribed "stuff" for athletes under contract to him. For example, Chambers..an admitted client, had a poor year and was clearly over-muscled at the critical point of the year...and Conte's recorded admonition to Michelle Collins to "...go under 50.0..." was obviously wide of the mark.
              Conte's aim was to sell very expensive stuff to athletes and coaches and to make them think that they are dependent on him and his supplies....nothing more.

Comment

>If Marion was being 'assisted' until September of 2001, how come she was
                >posting mediocre times (by her standards)? She lost the WC as well. I would
                >have thought she would be at 10.6x, 10.7x if she was on the juice at the time.>

Doesn't this post assume that whatever any athlete is on at the top of their game all of the time.

I wouldn't assume that at all.

Comment

Working...
                X