• Ato Boldon responds to BALCO scandal

http://www.atoboldon.com/blog/

four-part june 1st entry..

Re: Ato Boldon responds to BALCO scandal

From the HSI Website.

(Now this is pretty hilarious.)

May 22, 2004
    HSI's Response to San Jose Mercury News Insinuation of Balco Tie

Our position at HSI has always been clear. We have nothing to do with Mr. Conte.

We would expect to be under scrutiny, given our prominence over the past ten years. We would not, however, expect every conversation we have ever had with anyone associated or related to this sport to come under suspicion.

The fact that John Smith came into contact with Victor Conte does not imply we had any business transactions with this man. As often as John Smith is approached by some charlatan touting a new product with the ability to increase the performance of the athletes he trains, it's no surprise that Victor Conte solicited his product to one of the most prominent and successful track coaches in history.

HSI stands firm with a drug-free position. The athletes we represent have never been but open and outspoken about nurturing and maintaining an environment of fair-play and honesty within in our sport.

Maurice Greene specifically reaffirms that drug use should not be tolerated, while Ato Boldon reiterates his previous opinion on the whole Victor Conte issue: "Transparency has never been an issue for me...I invite you to read my website diary, posted 7 months ago on October 17th 2003, which openly and clearly references my sole contact with Mr. Conte in 2001."

Excerpt from Ato's Online Diary dated October 17, 2003, Entitled: Drug Busts coming plus A Message to VICTOR CONTE

"By the way Mr Victor Conte, I'm so glad you and I had our little talk way back when you were fishing for people to peddle your "wares" to. Oh by the way, I AM STILL NOT INTERESTED! If u think because you and your cronies got busted you're taking down all of track and field with unproven empty accusations and innuendo, you are wrong bro! You did this, Mr Bass Player and took athletes with you. I guess I am smarter than you, huh? Quit blaming the whole world. Tell u what though.....if you think ALL sprinters are dirty, put up your pink slip on that Mercedes you seem to love too much....I'll put up my Porsche...blood tests!

You'll walk home! I put that on my daughter!"
    "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

Ato doesn't need an in-flight movie to be entertained. He's got his own mind for that. This is one free-associating wizard.
      "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

>> Our position at HSI has always been **clear**. We have nothing to do with Mr. Conte.

I think that's pretty hilarious -- and isn't it contradictory? LOL

Comment

Working...
        X