• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: At Last!!!! A Voice of Reason

You Sir, are a fool.

Comment

"There's not a person on this board who can say with all honesty that they don't have some of those chemicals in their system."

if you are talking about tobacco of any kind, dope of any kind, or alcohol of any kind, you're wrong. The only pills I take are vitamins/minerals and a baby aspirin a day. Now if soda or candy of any kind is on the list, I'm busted.

Comment

>You Sir, are a fool.

The same can be said about anyone -- including your mama.

Comment

>"There's not a person on this board who can say with all honesty that they
          >don't have some of those chemicals in their system."

if you are talking
          >about tobacco of any kind, dope of any kind, or alcohol of any kind, you're
          >wrong. The only pills I take are vitamins/minerals and a baby aspirin a day.
          >Now if soda or candy of any kind is on the list, I'm busted.

Okay, since you're so sure what you DON'T have in your system, are you then in a position to state a complete list of the chemicals you DO have in your system. For that matter, all the chemicals in your vitamins.

Comment

<There's not a person on this board who can say with all honesty that they don't have some of those chemicals in their system.>

If I've been tested (urine test only, not blood) by one of the anti-doping agencies (CCES) and registered a negative, is that good enough for me to say with all honesty that I don't have some of those chemicals in my system? What about the fact that neither they, nor anyone else is processing documents related to a potential doping violation on my part, nor have I been associated with a BALCO-like organization, nor have been called to testify before a grand jury, nor have I exhibited any stretch of performances that would stand out as abnormal?

Comment

WHAT??? @ Re: At Last!!!! A Voice of Reason

People, people, people...what THE HELL is going on with the idea of basically excusing performance enhanced athletes? I'm hearing bamas saying legalize it but remember the 'precautions'? Man...whateva joe!!

Excuses are tools of incompetence build to use monuments of nothingness and those whoe use them seldomly amount to ANYTHING!!

That goes for cheaters and those who support cheaters or their tactics because "everybody's doing it!" Sooner or later you will be caught or dead and you sure as hell can't take your records, medals and monies with you! Feel me? Be original fellas...be original!

Yo! It's simply like this...Be a leader and not a follower. How hard is that? You may NOT be the greatest of all time (and many people who used drugs still sucked because I myself have put a can of you know what on 'em), but at least you are a LEADER and an example for those (especially the youth) who have the skills, tools and genetics (not science oriented test tube babies) to succeed.

I am so tired of excuses, cheaters (bamas), and people who intellectually state thesis for accepting cheating. I guess the saying is right that there are ONLY a handful of leaders and a trillion punked followers!!

...the world is MADD sick!!! Be true to yourself man/woman and compete...that's all..just compete!! What?????? I'm sayin' though? Lots of people prefer the microwave to the stove? This is definitely the 'Instant' generation.

Comment

Re: WHAT??? @ Re: At Last!!!! A Voice of Reason

This is referred to as a "word salad".
                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

>This is referred to as a "word salad".

A tossed salad I presume?

Comment

"Excuses are tools of incompetence build to use monuments of nothingness and those whoe use them seldomly amount to ANYTHING!!"

This is my new favorite quote. I don't know what it means, but it sure sounds deep.

Comment

>"Excuses are tools of incompetence build to use monuments of nothingness and
                      >those whoe use them seldomly amount to ANYTHING!!"

This is my new favorite
                      >quote. I don't know what it means, but it sure sounds deep.

One of the guys I run with is borderline illiterate so, perhaps, I could be of assistance with a translation:

"Excuses are the tools that the incompetents use to build monuments of nothing and those incompetents seldom
                      amount to anything."

Comment

All I am saying is why cheat? It's so dishonorable, deceitful and dehumanizing! Then you have genetic options for unborn babies to make them the 'perfect' being? I mean ummm...does Resident Evil, Stepford Wives, and the Manchurian Candidate mean anything to the people of the world? The world has lost touch with the simple 'work hard for it' and reap the benefits. It's microwave the pill (The Fifth Element) and instant chicken, or for we track athletes...world domination in whatever event we are talented in! I'm sayin' though...

Comment

I like that MJD; you could outsource yourself as the Illiterate-to-English web translation service. So when Coach Barnet posts next, please render your service again.

Comment

>I like that MJD; you could outsource yourself as the Illiterate-to-English web
                            >translation service. So when Coach Barnet posts next, please render your
                            >service again.

I have another running friend who steadfastly won't moderate his Scottish accent that he brought over here over 30 years ago. After about 6 months of him probably telling me to ****-***, I learned to understand him and now serve as a translator which is kind of funny given that he is speaking english.

Comment

<All I am saying is why cheat? It's so dishonorable, deceitful and dehumanizing!>

No kidding! Ever notice how those who get caught are generally blackballed and looked down upon by others? As for why they do it, why not try asking them instead of non-cheaters?

<Then you have genetic options for unborn babies to make them the 'perfect' being?>

While it may be coming in the future, we don'g have genetic options at present to make "perfect" babies.

<I mean ummm...does Resident Evil, Stepford Wives, and the Manchurian Candidate mean anything to the people of the world? >

To me they mean that you should turn off your TV, read a newspaper or go out into the real world. These are movies, not reality!

<The world has lost touch with the simple 'work hard for it' and reap the benefits.>

Brings to mind working hard and reaping the benefits of reading and writing. Pretty simple concept to me.

<It's microwave the pill (The Fifth Element) and instant chicken, or for we track athletes...world domination in whatever event we are talented in! I'm sayin' though...>

I'm sorry, I'm really going to need the Gibberish-English translation of this. See my previous comment. Maybe instead of talking about microwaving pills and chicken instantenously for world domination, Lisa Simpson's quote about our "quick fix, instant oatmeal, one hour photo society" might be what your looking for.

Comment

<All I am saying is why cheat? It's so dishonorable, deceitful and dehumanizing!>

No kidding! Ever notice how those who get caught are generally blackballed and looked down upon by others? As for why they do it, why not try asking them instead of non-cheaters?

<Then you have genetic options for unborn babies to make them the 'perfect' being?>

While it may be coming in the future, we don'g have genetic options at present to make "perfect" babies.

<I mean ummm...does Resident Evil, Stepford Wives, and the Manchurian Candidate mean anything to the people of the world? >

To me they mean that you should turn off your TV, read a newspaper or go out into the real world. These are movies, not reality!

<The world has lost touch with the simple 'work hard for it' and reap the benefits.>

Brings to mind working hard and reaping the benefits of reading and writing. Pretty simple concept to me.

<It's microwave the pill (The Fifth Element) and instant chicken, or for we track athletes...world domination in whatever event we are talented in! I'm sayin' though...>

I'm sorry, I'm really going to need the Gibberish-English translation of this. See my previous comment. Maybe instead of talking about microwaving pills and chicken instantenously for world domination, Lisa Simpson's quote about our "quick fix, instant oatmeal, one hour photo society" might be what your looking for.

Yo!

Seems to me you are you are:

1. an intellectual nerd for correcting my english-slang because this is the INTERNET and not a freakin english exam (damn, must be from England) Get a life with that [email protected]#$%! Do you have anytime from books to think about what mess sports has gone to?
                                2. Never ran track in your life except to tell others how to run. Intellectual punk.
                                3. If you did run, you must have used the juice before when your arch nemisis whoop that ass....hmmmmm?
                                4. The only one responding negatively to the info that is alive and well in today's sports world.
                                5. Probably an old man or woman who lives off of 'trying' to humiliate other people.
                                6. Needs to open up your mind instead of thinking that intellectuall conversation is the only key to what makes sense of this wack ass world we call home.

And finally on your comments about my english:

1. Get a @#$%^& @#$%^& life with that mess.
                                2. Again, this is the internet and you need to update yourself and check yourself with only relying on book smarts. Doesn't work that way kid...just doesn't! lol

Your message back to me was wack as hell! Gotta come better than that!
                                What I stated was a peaceful statement about what I feel about cheaters and people like you who make excuses.
                                You try to imply that I was blackballed in T&F and that I am looking down on others.
                                Well, person of the mighty intellect, it's states to not judge others but didn't you just carry a brotha for being challenged with english and so called blackballed for steriods or some crap?
                                I've never been positive except to positively beat some of the drug runners who looked like something out of an experiment. Never looked down, up, or side to side at fellow athletes of any sort unless they are destroying the reputation of USA's Track and Field squad. They know better.

Or are you just not hip to slang terminology? Is this the only site you are able to probe and hate on instead of doing it to one's face?

Not hating on you...just curious that's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X