Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure Bush will put this right to the top of the pile

"The founder of a Bay Area lab at the center of a steroid scandal is seeking President Bush's help in negotiating a plea that would keep him out of prison and could implicate potential U.S. Olympians."

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs. ... /406160584

Re: I'm sure Bush will put this right to the top of the pile

Lay the foundation now so that Conte can claim his legal representation was incompetent.

Brilliant legal strategy.

Comment

GWB THINGS TO DO LIST:AM
      1.Sort out Iraq
      2.Invade some place else
      3.Get re-elected
      4.Phone Tony 5.Talk to drug dude

Comment

Of all those things the easiest to do would be talk to the drug dude . . .

Comment

How interesting that the world's number one lying, cheating scumbag (George Bush) is so highly interested in keeping sports clean while the government under this man is up to its neck in blood, corruption, torture and dead bodies.

Comment

>How interesting that the world's number one lying, cheating scumbag (George
            >Bush) is so highly interested in keeping sports clean while the government
            >under this man is up to its neck in blood, corruption, torture and dead bodies.

Whatever...

Comment

Runninghorse,

Come out from under your bridge much? At least try to be civil.

"4. This is a track & field (or, as some prefer to think of it, field & track) board and posts should be restricted to that subject. If you want to discuss politics or religion, there are other sites far better equipped to handle your desires."

Comment

>Runninghorse,

Come out from under your bridge much? At least try to be
                >civil.

"4. This is a track & field (or, as some prefer to think of it,
                >field & track) board and posts should be restricted to that subject. If you
                >want to discuss politics or religion, there are other sites far better
                >equipped to handle your desires."

--------

I was under the assumption this thread was about Bush putting this subject to the top of his pile (of whatever). Hence it is pertinent. Bush decided to make this scandal one of his priorities and it is reasonable to question a person who is so repulsed at the notion of cheating and lying in athletics when he is presently caught up in the cheating, lying and profiteering scandal of our lifetimes. Perhaps my comment would have been inappropriate in another thread unrelated to Bush, but the topic of this one is about Bush sticking his nose into this sport AS A POLITICAL MANEUVER and nothing more.

Comment

I was under the
                  >assumption this thread was about Bush putting this subject to the top of his
                  >pile (of whatever).

Incorrect. He can't control what people ask him to do.

Hence it is pertinent. Bush decided to make this scandal
                  >one of his priorities

Once again, incorrect. He has made getting drugs out of sports one of a lot of priorities. He hasn't mentioned
                  this scandal once. Something wrong with a bit of a focus on getting drugs out of sport in any event?

and it is reasonable to question a person who is so
                  >repulsed at the notion of cheating and lying in athletics when he is presently
                  >caught up in the cheating, lying and profiteering scandal of our lifetimes.

Absolute nonsense of course but I'm not going to debate it-see the guideline.

>Perhaps my comment would have been inappropriate in another thread unrelated to
                  >Bush, but the topic of this one is about Bush sticking his nose into this sport
                  >AS A POLITICAL MANEUVER and nothing more.

Once again incorrect-my aren't we on a roll. Someone else is asking him to stick his nose into this situation. You'll note
                  that tone of my subject line implies how ridiculous that is. Take it up with Conte. I wrote the subject line and I certainly
                  don't want you to put words into my mouth.

You really should leave your hatred for Bush at the door. It impairs your ability to write a post that
                  makes any sense in the context of the thread.

You also should take a cue from Mr. Sussex. He probably has the same political views as you do but managed
                  to make his point without being offensive. That approach just undermines your credibility. A little nuance
                  goes a long way.

Cheers.

Comment

This was one of the funniest-titled threads we've had in a while. It remained laugh-out-loud funny for a few posts, anyway --

Comment

>This was one of the funniest-titled threads we've had in a while. It remained
                      >laugh-out-loud funny for a few posts, anyway --

Ok let me try to get it back on track. Here is the actual letter from the lawyer:

"My client, Mr. Victor Conte, is a well-known and well-respected sports nutritionist of many years. He is willing to help
                      resolve the problem now, before his information is revealed too late, at a future federal jury trial. For at trial Mr. Conte
                      will definitely testify and he will definitely tell the truth. And the world will definitely be listening."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... letter.DTL

Comment

Thanks. Ha, Ha!

I was going to post a thread entitled "Webb vs. World Wankers" to lighten up the Webb material but thought it in poor taste.

Comment

>I was under the
                          >assumption this thread was about Bush putting this subject to
                          >the top of his
                          >pile (of whatever).

Incorrect. He can't control what
                          >people ask him to do.

Hence it is pertinent. Bush decided to make this
                          >scandal
                          >one of his priorities

Once again, incorrect. He has made getting
                          >drugs out of sports one of a lot of priorities. He hasn't mentioned
                          this
                          >scandal once. Something wrong with a bit of a focus on getting drugs out of
                          >sport in any event?

and it is reasonable to question a person who is
                          >so
                          >repulsed at the notion of cheating and lying in athletics when he is
                          >presently
                          >caught up in the cheating, lying and profiteering scandal of our
                          >lifetimes.

Absolute nonsense of course but I'm not going to debate it-see
                          >the guideline.

>Perhaps my comment would have been inappropriate in another
                          >thread unrelated to
                          >Bush, but the topic of this one is about Bush sticking
                          >his nose into this sport
                          >AS A POLITICAL MANEUVER and nothing more.

Once
                          >again incorrect-my aren't we on a roll. Someone else is asking him to stick his
                          >nose into this situation. You'll note
                          that tone of my subject line implies
                          >how ridiculous that is. Take it up with Conte. I wrote the subject line and I
                          >certainly
                          don't want you to put words into my mouth.

You really should
                          >leave your hatred for Bush at the door. It impairs your ability to write a post
                          >that
                          makes any sense in the context of the thread.

You also should take a
                          >cue from Mr. Sussex. He probably has the same political views as you do but
                          >managed
                          to make his point without being offensive. That approach just
                          >undermines your credibility. A little nuance
                          goes a long way.

Cheers.

Your reply is just as offensive. A point by point response to a political thread , started by your self ? Your credibility , what type of intellegent person would spend so much time and though to a non issue? Your nuance is down right creepy!

Comment

I for one would puke if Conte gets a break after what he's done. He's a con man and a drug pusher. Screw him!
                            "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

MJD, points well taken. I will respond later.

r

Comment

Working...
                              X