Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ramblin'

I'm holding the Jan 1994 year in T&FN issue in my hands,guess what no Allen Rossum.The fastest high schooler being Tony McCall and his 10.31.If Rossum had ran a 10.02 he'd be in with Bruny Surin,Leroy Burrell and Carl Lewis......haha!!!!!!

Tarr ran on a great Oregon 4x1 team with Mel Renfro of Cowboys fame and Harry Jerome. Tarr was a 13.3 guy but not sure of his sprint speed.

Comment

Ha...no surprise! One of his bios says it was the fastest time of 1993! The Canadian Football League had a couple of burners with legit sprint times by the name of Larry Highbaugh and Andy Hopkins who might have stayed long enough in the NFL for a cup of coffee.

cman

Comment

Larry Highbaugh was a 9.3 guy out of U of Indiana.Hopkins was a 9.2 running back at Stephen F.Austin which makes him one of the fastest backs ever in the NFL.He was an Oiler.

I was up on Hopkins when he first came in the league. I knew about his speed.All I can figure is he must have got hurt and then babied himself too much. How does a guy with burners like that totally bomb out? I know I know there was Budd,Norton,Hines,Smith........

Comment

Working...
        X