Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read so much about Reed in HS (I ran around the same time!), but never saw him! I saw Moore! Moore made the Jamaicans look like they didn't even exist.....!

Can we throw Tyrese Cooper in this.....?

Comment

And how about Roy Martin, Michael Johnson's ***-kicker in HS.....?

Comment

This will be on PBS this weekend, but you can watch it in its entirety from this website. It's a 27 minute feature about Obea Moore and his time spent with the Los Angeles Jets youth track and field club.

https://www.kcet.org/shows/socal-con...es/born-to-run

The Los Angeles Jets youth track and field club is one of the oldest and most established running teams in California. It was founded in South Los Angeles in 1973 by then West Vernon Elementary school teacher Ron Moore. Five years later James Robertson and Booker Woods joined as coaches and the team became one of the largest co-ed running groups in the city.

The team has won over two hundred national titles and helped trained some of the best athletes in the sport. One of them is Obea Moore, considered one of the fastest sprinters of his time. In Born to Run, Socal Connected looks at what happened to LA Jets’ Obea Moore and the current state of youth track and field today.

Comment

Originally posted by br View Post
          This will be on PBS this weekend, but you can watch it in its entirety from this website. It's a 27 minute feature about Obea Moore and his time spent with the Los Angeles Jets youth track and field club.

https://www.kcet.org/shows/socal-con...es/born-to-run

The Los Angeles Jets youth track and field club is one of the oldest and most established running teams in California. It was founded in South Los Angeles in 1973 by then West Vernon Elementary school teacher Ron Moore. Five years later James Robertson and Booker Woods joined as coaches and the team became one of the largest co-ed running groups in the city.

The team has won over two hundred national titles and helped trained some of the best athletes in the sport. One of them is Obea Moore, considered one of the fastest sprinters of his time. In Born to Run, Socal Connected looks at what happened to LA Jets’ Obea Moore and the current state of youth track and field today.
          Thanks for the heads-up! Very nice piece.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonHurdler View Post
            I'm more amazed at the fact that they apparently had FAT timing at a dinky little dual meet.

:P
            This is the funniest thing ever. I laughed for 5 minutes straight after reading it. Hysterical.

Comment

Working...
            X