Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivia Question: Hoops-related

Over on the Current Events side of the board, somebody noted that Bob Hayes is the only guy with an Olympic gold and a Super Bowl ring.

I can only think of one guy with an Olympic gold and an NBA title. Who is he? (two NBA titles, to be exact)

Re: Trivia Question: Hoops-related

Presuming that you mean T&F gold and are ignoring several people who won basketball golds, I'm guessing Buddy Davis. I don't recall ever hearing this question. New one for you?

Comment

GOOD trivia q. wracked my brain.. dunno. (Buddy Davis was good guess - played w. Celtics)

Comment

Don't know if he played for the Celtics, but his two championships came w/ Philly and St. Louis. (And for those who don't know who BD was, he was the '52 Olympic high jump champ)

Comment

At one time Chuck Essegian was the only person who had played in both the Rose Bowl and the World Series.

Comment

On the Super Bowl Olympic Medal Track- Who is the only athlete to win an Olympic medal and a Super Bowl ring in the same Season?

Comment

Is this a trick question? I notice you say same "season," not same year. So if the guy won an Oly medal in 1960, you'd count it if the Super Bowl win was 1960-61? (Yes, I know there was no Super Bowl then; just using a hypothetical that doesn't give any further clue)

Comment

Michael Carter ?

Comment

I think the trivia answer is Willie Gault-LA Games, '85 Bears (I am too lazy to go to check it out).
                  "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                  by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Common misconception that Gault ran in LA; he didn't. He was on the WR relay at Helsinki in '83, but didn't compete in the '84 Trials.

Bears' SB win was in '86.

Comment

Is my selection of Carter correct ?

Comment

tracknut, you posed the question, let me know if I'm correct with Michael Carter !

Comment

Carter is correct! Silver behind Andrei in '84 Olympics and Super Bowl in '85 (1984 football season)

Clay

Comment

At one time Chuck Essegian was the only person who had played in both the Rose Bowl and the World Series.

Hold on there, I thought Jackie Jensen held that claim to fame.

Comment

who was the first (and maybe still the only) to play in the Rose Bowl, Grey Cup and Super Bowl?!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X