Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How fast is Joey Galloway of the Tampa Bay Bucs?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast is Joey Galloway of the Tampa Bay Bucs?

I have been watching him since Ohio State. I know he is always thought of when it comes to NFL speed. I have seen 4.18 40 Yard Dash times. I saw the superstars competition in 1999. He ran 9.23 in the 100 yard dash. I know that is fast. My question is had he ever run the 100 meters? And what is your opinions on how fast he really is?
    http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/4094/wal00216ql.jpg

I'm coming up with bupkis on him - except a 4.15 40y football run (yeah, right). With Burrell's 4.38 (est. en-route) being the best, I'm willing to add on .48 (2 x .24 reactions - one for him and one for the timer) and give him a 4.63.

Comment

He seems like one of the fastest guys that didn't run track. Kinda like Randy Moss. Galloway is lightning on the field. He always said he was the fastest in the NFL and said he would be willing to prove it. The only chance he got was the 100 yard dash at Superstars 1999. Running a 9.23 impressed me because Willie Gault, H. Walker, Anthony Miller, and Darrell Green ran slower.

I know the 40's are bogus. The hand timing doesn't do any justice. But he consistently has always been timed at 4.1. He must be real fast. At 34 he said the only difference is he has to warm up. When he was younger he could be eating lunch, stop, and run 4.1. :lol:

Comment

Moss ran a little bit for Marshall.

6.31 for 55m, 21.15 indoors on oversized East Tennessee track

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Moss ran a little bit for Marshall.

6.31 for 55m, 21.15 indoors on oversized East Tennessee track
          yea, so he isnt so fast after all

Comment

Are you sure that 9.23 100 yards was legitimate? If true, he has world class speed. Isn't that equvalent to about a 10.00 100 meters?

Comment

Originally posted by LynnRunner
              Are you sure that 9.23 100 yards was legitimate? If true, he has world class speed. Isn't that equvalent to about a 10.00 100 meters?
              NOT FAT! (and I don't mean of the adipose variety)

Comment

as taf said, hard to believe that is a legit electronic time

world class sprinters finish the last 10m of a 100m in ~ 0.87 - 0.90s, which means the conversion upto 100m for 9.23y is :

with 0.90, ~ 10.00s

with 0.89, ~ 9.99s

with 0.88, ~ 9.98s

with 0.87, ~ 9.97s

of course, it may have been 9.23 FAT, but with a following hurricane...

Comment

Joey Galloway in H.S.

As a senior in high school, Joey Galloway ran the 200 meter dash in a 21.70 FAT against Division II competition, and made the other runners look like they were wearing heavy boots, I cant recall his 100 meter dash time. If he had trained year-round concentrating on track only he may have shaved a second off of his 200 time.
                  Galloway then went to Ohio State at the same time as Chris Nelloms, Robert Smith, Aaron Payne, Butler ByNote and Curtis Sanders, but I never heard about him running on the track team. Obviously he was a major football star at OSU though.

Comment

I don't know anything about timing. I do know that it was the fastest I have seen from any NFL stars since Superstars began. And you are talking about fast guys. Darrell Green, James Lofton, Herschel Walker, Tony Dorsett, Anthony Miller, Willie Gault, and Deion Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by kwillymac
                      I don't know anything about timing. I do know that it was the fastest I have seen from any NFL stars since Superstars began. And you are talking about fast guys. Darrell Green, James Lofton, Herschel Walker, Tony Dorsett, Anthony Miller, Willie Gault, and Deion Sanders.
                      Darrell Green in the mid 80s was by far the fastest NFL player I ever saw - although I don't follow the game too much these days.

Comment

Working...
                      X