Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who made the Olympic 100 final who later starred on TV?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who made the Olympic 100 final who later starred on TV?

He competed in either London or Helsinki?

I'll stab at that and say Dean Smith who was 4th in Helsinki 100.... think he played various TV roles but not as a big star.

Comment

Smith a famed stuntman who had a few (very) minor roles. Here's his filmography from IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0807911/?fr= ... ft=20;fm=1

Comment

I believe he was a stuntman.

Comment

Okay I was thinking Chuck Connor(Rifleman), but that was a reach considering I never heard of any athletic references to Connor. By the way did Smith win gold in the relay?

Comment

So I assume Dean Smith is not the correct answer... ?

Comment

No it is Dean Smith......

Comment

Originally posted by Track fan
                No it is Dean Smith......
                Oh goody, I end 2005 on a positive note !

Comment

Dean Smith used to run @ the Pierce All Comers meets in So Cal. As I recall he was running ~ 10.0y +/-. this woulda been in late 60s early 70s. Also ran some relays if memory serves. He woulda been late 30s early 40s (in 70s). Very fit - impressed me. Very ... very few guys runniing any distance at that time at that age (Peter Mundle used to trounce many of the local HS stars - as did Dean). I never lost to Smith - but was a distance guy anyway - and never lost to Mundle. I digress - Smith did run some races against some high profile college guys and was impressive to watch.

Comment

Who starred who made Olympic 100 finals?

The best answer is Johnny Weismuller.
                    After all, you didn't specify medium.

Comment

Dean Smith was a sprinter from Texas. He had a tryout, as I recall, with the Los Angeles Rams.

Chuch Connor was a baseball player, I believe for the old Los Angeles Angels of the Pacific Coast League. Traded in the bat for the rifle.
                      "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

Dean Smith was a sprinter from Texas. He had a tryout, as I recall, with the Los Angeles Rams.

Chuch Connor was a baseball player, I believe for the old Los Angeles Angels of the Pacific Coast League. Traded in the bat for the rifle.
                        "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

What about Jackson Scholz, silver medalist in the 1924 100 meters? He starred in an American Express TV commercial about the time of Chariots of Fire. :wink:

Comment

What about Jackson Scholz, silver medalist in the 1924 100 meters? He starred in an American Express TV commercial about the time of Chariots of Fire. :wink:
                            When I was a teenager I read all his sports novels.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbowie

CC was also once a Chicago Cub first baseman.

Comment

Working...
                              X