Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh
    "facts not fiction"; if you're going to present yourself as the ultimate sprint expert you're laying an even heavier burden on yourself to back it up with real facts, not half-rememberances.
    Garry Hill is calling the kettle black now? Step away from the beer......

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      We all read all kinds of things, but the motto of these forums is "facts not fiction"; if you're going to present yourself as the ultimate sprint expert you're laying an even heavier burden on yourself to back it up with real facts, not half-rememberances.
      I wish I had a buck for everytime I've read something wrong in Track&Field News. I once saw a picture of Willie Smith trying to be passed off as Houston McTear. Need I go on?

I had no reason to doubt it. Branch had those kinds of jets. I am bugged trying to remember where I got that at however. I'm guessing they might have been wind aided.

All I'll say about sprint knowledge, is if he ran fast I know about him.

Here's a windy 9.2w for Branch at the 71 Texas Relays. So it appears he did have more than 1....huh?

1971 Cliff Branch, Colorado 9.2w
      1972 Cliff Branch, Colorado 9.61

I wonder how many more I can find?

Comment

The difference between our mistakes and yours is that we're willing to admit ours, whereas your reaction to any questioning is to get offensive with other member of the board.

Ripostes like

<<You can always tell those who know nothing about the subject. >>

<<Totally lost aren't ya? >>

We don't need that on our board. So if you want to bring good facts, you're welcome, otherwise, you're not.

As for Branch, a windy 9.2 isn't a 9.2. At least not to true statisticians of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          The difference between our mistakes and yours is that we're willing to admit ours, whereas your reaction to any questioning is to get offensive with other member of the board.

Ripostes like

<<You can always tell those who know nothing about the subject. >>

<<Totally lost aren't ya? >>

We don't need that on our board. So if you want to bring good facts, you're welcome, otherwise, you're not.

As for Branch, a windy 9.2 isn't a 9.2. At least not to true statisticians of the sport.
          You spent way too much time trying to prove me wrong. Why? Remember when I told you Branch ran the 4x4? Did I not show you where it said that? This is similiar to that. Branch probably did have some windy 9.2's. The guy writing about it forgot to mention windy. What's the big deal?

I don't make stuff up, knowing you're out there just dying to prove me wrong......trust me! If I say anything, it's right or the source is wrong, which does happen. I have a football card that has Homer Jones winning the 64 Olympic 100 meters...ha! Yep big mistake!

At what point does it dawn on you that I'm deep into this stuff and know of what I speak?

Comment

What you know and how you present it are two different things. Your confrontational style is going to get you bounced. It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              What you know and how you present it are two different things. Your confrontational style is going to get you bounced. It's that simple.
              So I need to do what?

Comment

I do recall reading about Page running marathons. But considering his build I don't think he would be running competitve masters class times. One thing in his favour was that he was a slender Defensive end at about 210 in his prime, so maybe he got his weight below 200 for the marathons..........

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal
                  Originally posted by gh
                  So I need to do what?
                  try the de-caf why are you so angry? are you as angry at world starvation as you are that some people dont agree with the simplistic term "black"? these are the very people who for the most part agree with you but you have chosen to be a bull in a china shop. why?

maybe you could change your handle to something less agressive than brutal as a start to a whole new you.

now, surprise me by not attacking someone who wants to help you get your ideas across without the fangs.

p.s. this is most likely our last communication. can you live with that kind of disappointment? :roll:
                  phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                    Originally posted by Brutal
                    Originally posted by gh
                    So I need to do what?
                    try the de-caf why are you so angry? are you as angry at world starvation as you are that some people dont agree with the simplistic term "black"? these are the very people who for the most part agree with you but you have chosen to be a bull in a china shop. why?

maybe you could change your handle to something less agressive than brutal as a start to a whole new you.

now, surprise me by not attacking someone who wants to help you get your ideas across without the fangs.

p.s. this is most likely our last communication. can you live with that kind of disappointment? :roll:
                    I'm happy as I am. Not wanting to change anything. I 'm not much for ..kissy kissy hug hug...haha!!!! I guess I could be a little more lovable however. Let me take a stab at it....

Hi gang just thougt I 'd drop by and suck up a little you're so right and I'm so wrong silly me thinking I was actually seeing black guys winning all those sprints. What was I thinking? Glad you set me straight Silly me!

Yuck!!!!.....nope that won't work.

Comment

I would like to give honorable mention to Joey Galloway. Now I know people will tear into me but he is very fast on the football field. He participated in the Superstars competition in 1999. He ran 9.23 in the 100 yard dash. I don't know how accurate the timing is. He ran faster 100 yard times than

Cliff Branch 9.6
                      Willie Gault 9.35
                      Herschel Walker 9.37
                      Anthony Miller 9.35
                      Darrell Green 9.5
                      James Lofton 9.5
                      Tony Dorsett 9.5
                      http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/4094/wal00216ql.jpg

Comment

1972 NCAA 100 meters

1 10.1w Warren Edmonson (UCLA)
                        2 10.1w James Amerson (Lincoln)