Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Could Die And Still Continue

Happy 54th birthday today (Sunday) to an Olympic champion who won that gold medal on the same continent where this athlete was born.

No hurdles were involved in this Olympic gold medal, however this individual did suffer many injuries during a career in track & field.

Our birthday champion was not the favorite going into the Olympic final.

You might know that our birthday athlete competed in only one Olympic Games.

Time to answer this question: Who is our birthday athlete for this second Sunday of February?

I guess, it is a European in Barcelona. Cacho? Baumann?
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Pego, your opening sentence is correct, however, since you are allowed only one guess per post, I have to say "Cacho" is not right.

Comment

Lol.
        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Van Langen?

Comment

Happy birthday (54) today to Ellen van Langen and well done, tandfman. Ellen van Langen, as you know, won the 1992 Barcelona women's 800. She ran a fast 1:55.54 to score an upset win in her only Olympic appearance.

Comment

Baumann also got a medal in Seoul and I think Cacho ran in Atlanta at least.

Is Van Langen still an athletes' agent? I think it is/was not that unusual to spot her at various meets.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
                Is Van Langen still an athletes' agent?
                I believe so.

Comment

Working...
                X