Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles Sports Arena

Happy 59th birthday today (Monday) to an Olympic champion who competed in only one Olympics.

This champion won that Olympic gold medal approximately 4,382 miles (7,053 km) from where this athlete was born.

You might already know that our birthday person did not compete in any of the Olympic hurdles.

A major event in track & field took place in Southern California on this champion's first birthday (58 years ago today).

Our birthday athlete was not the favorite going into the Olympic Games.

If you are wondering about the nationality of our birthday individual, you can eliminate all the countries in Asia, North America, Africa, and Australia.

Some of you already know that this Olympic champion did not win Olympic gold in Europe, Africa, Australia, or North America.

Unscramble the following six letters to come up with a two-word clue that could give you a lot of help with this quiz: "Past Lu".

Now is the time to name our birthday athlete for this second Monday of February.

Best of luck to you.
    Last edited by DoubleRBar; 02-10-2020, 03:13 PM.

It seems to be a European in Seoul. That is about as far as I can go. There is so many of them.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego View Post
      It seems to be a European in Seoul. That is about as far as I can go. There is so many of them.
      I'm wondering whether it might be someone from a country who boycotted LA in '84?

Comment

The anagram unscrambled could be St Paul, but I don't think Paul Ereng has been canonized, and in any event the distance between Kenya and Seoul is too far.

Comment

Yes, it is a European winning in Seoul and no, this country did not boycott Los Angeles in 1984.

Comment

I looked it up and its a hard one, so I'll add a clue. Think of a recent birthday post from DoubleRBar

Comment

Working...
            X