X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Yeah, I cheated, too. I don't think anyone will know this runner. They may get the name from clues, but doubt anyone remembers her/him
    That's what I meant of being clueless.

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    Well, I cheated and I would be surprised if anyone will remember this runner.
    Yeah, I cheated, too. I don't think anyone will know this runner. They may get the name from clues, but doubt anyone remembers her/him

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    You got her, Pego. Her last name is Walker. As for her event in 1970, check out posts # 9 and 10 on this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Just to show I am paying attention to this thread, would the last name be Walker? I am still clueless about the event though.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    I think you could be right Tuariki. Here are some major hints as to her name: First name has a connection with the title of the thread for today's birthday athlete. Last name of this world record holder is a name for people in a certain Olympic event (track & field).

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Well, I cheated and I would be surprised if anyone will remember this runner.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    Very good, mcgato. You got the event: the women's marathon. This record was set in Oregon (not Eugene or Portland) in 1970. The time, the athlete, and the site are not easy.

Leave a comment:

• mcgato
    replied
    Women's marathon? Not sure who would be setting the record. Maybe in Eugene.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    Tuariki is pretty close with his Portland guess. I will tell you that this specific event has been held in the Olympic Games for over 35 years. As far as I know, it is ratified by the I.A.A.F. and W.A.
    Last edited by DoubleRBar; 03-02-2020, 05:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mcgato
    replied
    I was thinking a run across Death Valley.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    I am thinking of a road race in Eugene or Portland

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    You're right, Olli, Chi Cheng did set a world record in the same year as our "Big Event", however Cheng's 100 record was official. I can tell you that this record was not set on a "track" in a stadium.

Leave a comment:

• Olli
    replied
    Since nobody seems to guess anything, I'll make a guess, even though I may be in a completely wrong track. But didn't Chi Cheng from Taiwan make some unofficial WRs in about those times?

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    I must say that this record was set a little farther from the TFN headquarters than I originally reported. I would say less than 600 miles from the TFN headquarters. This particular event is best recorded as a "world best" rather than a record ratified by the I.A.A.F.

Leave a comment:

• ianb
    replied
    When you say "world record" presumably you mean a performance ratified by the IAAF ? (rather than a "world best" which would be in an event got given record status by the IAAF)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X