Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Howard

If you haven't already read the article on the front page about Dick Howard (1960 400 hurdles bronze medalist) by Milan Simonich, you might consider taking the time to do so. I think it is very well written and it really makes me wonder what happened to Howard in the seven years after the Rome Olympic Games.

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
    If you haven't already read the article on the front page about Dick Howard (1960 400 hurdles bronze medalist) by Milan Simonich, you might consider taking the time to do so. I think it is very well written and it really makes me wonder what happened to Howard in the seven years after the Rome Olympic Games.
    Yes, DoubleRBar a tragic story. Los Angeles Obit indicated he was a radio station sales executive who left a wife and five daughters behind. Although he was arrested in August, 1966 with two other friends near Mexico border in AZ for smuggling drugs, they had a $5000.00 bond which I assume someone met for him and he was out of jail until his trial began in September, 1967. The three were found guilty and sentenced to 7 1/2 in October 9, 1967, but like all lawyers do they won a motion not to begin sentence immediately and the judge let them out of their sentence, pending the appeal process. One month later he was found dead in motel registered to "friends" from drug injection overdose.
    Wonder if he had gone to jail and somehow found religion he would be alive or would he be worse off in jail. I wonder what Howard's lawyer is doing today?

Comment

Working...
    X