Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you name (all) the Women’s 100m Olympic champions?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you name (all) the Women’s 100m Olympic champions?

Online quiz asking you to name all female Olympic Gold medalists.

Tip: for 2000, it asks you to write the word "vacant", so that's a free one.

It turns out to be quite a spelling test also, you can't be one letter off. I looked up some name spellings (not answers!)

I scored 16/21 with spelling help. I just happened to read a book about the first 3 Women's Gold medalists, or I would have scored lower.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/athletic...36/story.shtml

Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post
    Online quiz asking you to name all female Olympic Gold medalists.

Tip: for 2000, it asks you to write the word "vacant", so that's a free one.

It turns out to be quite a spelling test also, you can't be one letter off. I looked up some name spellings (not answers!)

I scored 16/21 with spelling help. I just happened to read a book about the first 3 Women's Gold medalists, or I would have scored lower.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/athletic...36/story.shtml
    Not off the top of my head I can't.

Comment

I needed spelling help from 2004 through 2012. It's quite tough that it insists on the version of the 2004 Champ's name that was rarely used during her career.

Comment

Got them all in 2:55... needed to think a bit on 1932 and (very embarrassingly) 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut View Post
          Got them all in 2:55... needed to think a bit on 1932 and (very embarrassingly) 2016.
          I got them all and also struggled quite a bit with 2016!

Comment

I got 19/21 correct but struggled with 2004's change of surname and the "ł" on 1932's name. Only ones I couldn't remember were 1928 and 1952.

Comment

You guys are amazing.. Heck, I couldn't even look em up that quick.

Comment

Stella Walsh was unacceptable as the name of the 1932 winner.....oh boy. Got 'em all except Nestarenko and Jackson. Jackson was a senior moment, Nestarenko too flash in pan for me but I knew it was Belarus.
                Last edited by ; 04-04-2020, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X