Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Both Easily Jog?

Happy birthday today (Tuesday) to two Olympic champions with a total age today of 125 years, although one of our birthday people died at the age of 59 (cancer) on a Tuesday.

There are approximately 4,130 miles (6,646 km) between both athlete's birth sites.

One of our birthday individuals was born on a Monday 51 years ago today.

Neither athlete won Olympic gold in the hurdles.

You might like to know that the older athlete was 23 years old when the younger person was born.

Both people won Olympic gold at their first Olympic Games and both won those gold medals on the continents where the other athlete was born.

I can tell you that these two athletes competed in very similar events at the Olympic Games.

Time is up on this first Tuesday of April. Name both Olympic champions.

Colette Besson (knew her right away) and Esther Jones (had to cheat a bit, looked up the composition of US relay squad in Barcelona)

Comment

No cheating allowed, noone. We will give Colette Besson to you. You know she won the 1968 Olympic gold medal in the women's 400. She was not the favorite, but won in a very exciting race in Mexico City. Besson was born 74 years ago, but died of cancer almost 15 years ago.

Happy birthday to Esther Jones (51). Jones won her Olympic gold medal in 1992 (Barcelona) where she ran the second leg on the winning four by 100 relay for the U.S. Interesting to note that both Besson and Jones ran the second legs on Olympic relay teams. Besson ran the second leg (52.1) on the French four by 400 relay team in Munich (1972). They took fourth place.

Barcelona was the only Olympics for Esther Jones.

Comment

But if I admit to it is it still cheating😏

Comment

Yes, but you may be able to plea bargain for a reduced sentence. 😏

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
            Yes, but you may be able to plea bargain for a reduced sentence. 😏
            No way. Off with his head.

Comment

But I'm older than Colette Besson, even is she hadn't died. Mercy!

Comment

Mercy for you, noone. Let this be a good lesson for you! You have lived to play again.

Comment

(Wiping brow). I’ll never cheat again, I swear!

Comment

of course you are allowed to cheat - you just can't report your cheating findings. I would do it more often but mongrel spoilsports like Bambam and Lopen have already identified and named the OG champ in question by the time I wake up and log in.

Comment

Set your alarm earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                        of course you are allowed to cheat - you just can't report your cheating findings. I would do it more often but mongrel spoilsports like Bambam and Lopen have already identified and named the OG champ in question by the time I wake up and log in.
                        Since I have 4 dogs that are mongrels, or mutts, I'll take that as a compliment.

Comment

This is depressing. Ester Jones (and Suzy Favor) were Wisconsin HS stars just a year or two ahead of my kids. Now they are in their 50s. Uggh!
                          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Working...
                          X