Schnozzola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schnozzola

Happy 53rd birthday today (Friday) to an Olympic champion who competed in one Olympic Games and in no hurdles at those Games.

Most people can imagine having one brother, but what about having 11 sisters?

Our birthday athlete has both (one brother and 11 sisters).

A singer, pianist, comedian, and an actor all wrapped up in one person shares the same initials as our birthday person.

This person, with the same initials as our birthday athlete, was 74 years old when our birthday athlete was born.

Both the birthday athlete and the individual with the same initials were born in the same country.

Some people considered our birthday athlete to be the favorite going into the Olympic Games.

Please name this Olympic champion with a birthday on this Full Moon Friday of June.

Schnozzola has to be Jimmy Durante. JD= Joe DeLoach? The age is about right.

Comment

Happy birthday (53) today to Joe DeLoach and good job, tandfman. DeLoach, I'm sure you remember, beat Carl Lewis to win the 1988 Olympic men's 200 in 19.75. Lewis ran 19.79 for the silver medal in Seoul. Unfortunately, Joe DeLoach suffered some injuries and never made another Olympic team. I thought he was a very talented sprinter who might have broken the world record in the 200.

Comment

Interestingly, the Olympic men's 200m champs of 1988, 1992 and 1996 were all US athletes born in 1967 - Joe DeLoach, Mike Marsh and Michael Johnson.

Comment

A "vintage" year, but we'll change that tomorrow (Saturday).

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
            Interestingly, the Olympic men's 200m champs of 1988, 1992 and 1996 were all US athletes born in 1967 - Joe DeLoach, Mike Marsh and Michael Johnson.
            That is interesting, Johnson really had an extended career. Mike Marsh is without question one of the most graceful sprinters I've ever seen in my extended amatuer career as a fan!

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post

That is interesting, Johnson really had an extended career. Mike Marsh is without question one of the most graceful sprinters I've ever seen in my extended amatuer career as a fan!
              That leads me to another Johnson fact. He was the Olympic 400 champ in 2000 but was born before the 1988 champ Steve Lewis.

Comment

Steve Lewis won the 1988 Seoul Olympic 400 just a few months after graduating from high school. He was still a junior in Seoul and set a world junior record in winning the gold medal there.

Comment

Working...
                X