Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silver, then Gold

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
    Actually, 2 athletes did it. Romas Ubartas (88 silver for USSR & 92 gold for Lithuania). Also Inessa Kravets (92 LJ silver for CIS & 96 TJ gold for Ukraine).
    Good deal. I missed Kravets due to the two different events. Those are all the names I had on my list. I think that's 24/25 on bambam's list.

    Comment


    • #62
      Going by bambam's clues I think the missing one has to be the women's walk winner from '96, since I can remember all the other '96 winners and it isn't any of them.

      Comment


      • #63
        That would be Yelena Nikolayeva. Good job LopenUupunut. I really don't intend to do so, but I always seem to neglect the walks

        Comment


        • #64
          Ah yes, I purposely didn't include her because the 10K walk is not a current event. I guess that's all of them! Great job people!

          Comment


          • #65
            Yes, but still missing 2 on the bonus ? - silver, then gold individual as only medals but not consecutive Games - think 84/92 (male), 96/04 (female)

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post
              Ah yes, I purposely didn't include her because the 10K walk is not a current event.
              Good thing I forgot that rule Would have been very baffled otherwise.

              Comment


              • #67
                The man would be Mike Conley.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                  Yes, but still missing 2 on the bonus ? - silver, then gold individual as only medals but not consecutive Games - think 84/92 (male), 96/04 (female)
                  I looked it up and I'll tip my hat to the one who gets the female.
                  "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                  by Thomas Henry Huxley

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    It must be Natalya Sadova. I was thinking she got dq for drugs in 2004, but I guess not. She did get silver at Atlanta.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Checked it out after my guess. Sadova dq in 2006, plus she also lost gold at Edmonton (for caffeine).

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                        The man would be Mike Conley.
                        Correct

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
                          It must be Natalya Sadova. I was thinking she got dq for drugs in 2004, but I guess not. She did get silver at Atlanta.
                          That's it. And that's a wrap

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Going thru the medalists for bronze/gold, I came up with Kerron Clement 2008 silver and 2016 gold to make a 7th nonconsecutive Games.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
                              Going thru the medalists for bronze/gold, I came up with Kerron Clement 2008 silver and 2016 gold to make a 7th nonconsecutive Games.
                              Doesn't count - he won a relay gold in 2008

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Yeah, I was just coming on to say I screwed up. Forgot he ran the heats in 2008.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X