Silver, then Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
    Actually, 2 athletes did it. Romas Ubartas (88 silver for USSR & 92 gold for Lithuania). Also Inessa Kravets (92 LJ silver for CIS & 96 TJ gold for Ukraine).
    Good deal. I missed Kravets due to the two different events. Those are all the names I had on my list. I think that's 24/25 on bambam's list.

Comment

Going by bambam's clues I think the missing one has to be the women's walk winner from '96, since I can remember all the other '96 winners and it isn't any of them.

Comment

That would be Yelena Nikolayeva. Good job LopenUupunut. I really don't intend to do so, but I always seem to neglect the walks

Comment

Ah yes, I purposely didn't include her because the 10K walk is not a current event. I guess that's all of them! Great job people!

Comment

Yes, but still missing 2 on the bonus ? - silver, then gold individual as only medals but not consecutive Games - think 84/92 (male), 96/04 (female)

Comment

Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post
              Ah yes, I purposely didn't include her because the 10K walk is not a current event.
              Good thing I forgot that rule Would have been very baffled otherwise.

Comment

The man would be Mike Conley.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                  Yes, but still missing 2 on the bonus ? - silver, then gold individual as only medals but not consecutive Games - think 84/92 (male), 96/04 (female)
                  I looked it up and I'll tip my hat to the one who gets the female.
                  "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                  by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

It must be Natalya Sadova. I was thinking she got dq for drugs in 2004, but I guess not. She did get silver at Atlanta.

Comment

Checked it out after my guess. Sadova dq in 2006, plus she also lost gold at Edmonton (for caffeine).

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                        The man would be Mike Conley.
                        Correct

Comment

It must be Natalya Sadova. I was thinking she got dq for drugs in 2004, but I guess not. She did get silver at Atlanta.
                          That's it. And that's a wrap

Comment

Going thru the medalists for bronze/gold, I came up with Kerron Clement 2008 silver and 2016 gold to make a 7th nonconsecutive Games.

Comment

Going thru the medalists for bronze/gold, I came up with Kerron Clement 2008 silver and 2016 gold to make a 7th nonconsecutive Games.
                              Doesn't count - he won a relay gold in 2008

Comment

Yeah, I was just coming on to say I screwed up. Forgot he ran the heats in 2008.

Comment

Working...
                                X