Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm confused about Steve Smith. I remember him as a high jumper, but that's not him on the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by noone View Post
      I'm confused about Steve Smith. I remember him as a high jumper, but that's not him on the photo.
      Perhaps you are remembering the 1996 Olympic High Jump Bronze medalist from Great Britain who would have been an infant when the photo was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by noone View Post
        Steve Smith in the picture was an elite pole vaulter in the early 70's. First over 18 feet indoors and ranked #1 in the world in '73

Comment

Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

Perhaps you are remembering the 1996 Olympic High Jump Bronze medalist from Great Britain who would have been an infant when the photo was taken.
          Yes that Steve Smith was born in 1973. I also think there was an American high jumper called Steve Smith who overlapped for a few years with the British one? Not as good but jumped about 2.28 (7'6")?

Comment

The U.S. Steve Smith had a PR of 2.31 in taking 2nd @ 1994 NCAA. He competed for Indiana State.

Comment

Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
              The U.S. Steve Smith had a PR of 2.31 in taking 2nd @ 1994 NCAA. He competed for Indiana State.
              Thanks - I diddled him out of just over an inch!

Comment

Working...
              X