Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alain L. Locke

Happy 60th birthday today (Monday) to an Olympic champion with three Olympic gold medals and one Olympic silver medal in two Olympic Games.

This athlete owns a World Championship bronze medal, too.

Our birthday athlete was born in the same country where this champion won Olympic gold.

No hurdles were involved in any of these Olympic medals.

You could say that our birthday athlete is a "Saint".

As far as I know, our birthday person is still involved in track and field (coaching).

Name this Olympic champion who was born on President George W. Bush's 14th birthday.

The clues scream American triple gold medalist from the LA Olympics, which certainly makes me think of Valerie Brisco. But I have no idea what the subject means (who is Alain L. Locke?) nor do I know why she might be described as a Saint.

Comment

Locke High School (the Saints) near Watts. Pretty famous in athletics in CA.
      Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

Happy birthday (60) today to Valerie Brisco-Hooks. Good job, tandfman. I guess you didn't live in the Los Angeles area in the 1970's. Locke High School (well done Master403) was well known in high school track & field. Valerie Brisco-Hooks won three Olympic gold medals (200, 400, and four by 400 relay) less than 25 miles from Locke High School where she graduated before going to Cal State Northridge in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles. She won an Olympic silver medal in the four by 400 relay in Seoul (1988). I believe she is still living in the Los Angeles area and still coaching.

Comment

[QUOTE=DoubleRBar;n1654081]Happy birthday (60) today to Valerie Brisco-Hooks. Good job, tandfman. I guess you didn't live in the Los Angeles area in the 1970's./QUOTE]

Good guess!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
            I believe she is still living in the Los Angeles area and still coaching.
            Listed as an assistant coach at West Los Angeles College.

Comment

nit-picking note: she hasn't been Brisco-Hooks since the '80s.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...n%20of%201988.

Comment

You're right, but I usually try to use their name when they won the Olympic gold medal.

Comment

Working...
                X