Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Front Of The Camera

Happy birthday today (Friday) to an Olympic champion who won that gold medal approximately 323 miles (519 km) from the place where this athlete was born 52 years ago today.

Our birthday champion did not set an Olympic record, however this gold medal was a historic one.

Four actors that you may have seen on television and/or the big screen share the same initials as our birthday person.

This athlete competed in three Olympic Games and in two events.

Two of those four actors I mentioned are famous for their television roles and the other two actors are more famous on the big screen in theatres.

You may already know that our birthday athlete won two World Championship gold medals and one World Championship bronze medal.

Of the four actors previously mentioned, two of them died in Germany while the other two died in Los Angeles.

It's possible you can get some major clues for these four actors from this sentence: Peter Gunn, a lover of wildlife, decided to take a trip to the High Sierra to see The Magnificent Seven of wildlife, but decided to Leave It To Beaver.

I can tell you that our birthday athlete did not compete in the Olympic hurdles.

The only continents our birthday individual did not compete in at the Olympic Games are South America, Africa, Antarctica, and Australia.

Only one of the four actors was not alive at the same time as our birthday athlete.

Can you name this person who won an Olympic gold medal?

Please give it a try and please don't use any reference except your brain.

Must be Hassiba Boulmerka, the first Algerian athlete to win Olympic Gold.

Comment

Happy birthday today (52) to Hassiba Boulmerka and good job, gmak. Boulmerka won the 1992 Olympic 1,500 in Barcelona. She competed in Seoul in the 800 and the 1,500, but did not reach the finals. She also competed in Atlanta (1996) in the 1,500, but didn't make the final there either.

Comment

Two actors are probably Herman Brix and Horst Buchholz.
        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

And Hugh Beaumont

Comment

I may have seen Humphrey Bogart on the big screen.
            Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

Horst Buchholz, Hugh Beaumont, and Humphrey Bogart are correct, however Herman Brix is wrong. Herman Brix was known as Bruce Bennett when acting, but he is not one of the actors I was thinking of when writing this clue.

Comment

One could argue that the first Algerian gold medalist was El Ouafi, and the second, Alain Mimoun. I realize they competed for France because then Algeria was part of France.

Comment

Halle Berry?

Comment

Originally posted by noone View Post
                    Halle Berry?
                    Halle Berry was in Peter Gunn?
                    Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

Peter Gunn's police-detective buddy (character's name escapes me at the moment) was played by Herschel Bernardi

Comment

Yeah, Peter Gunn was played by Craig Stevens.

Comment

Herschel Bernardi it is. NIce job, gh, Pego, bambam1729, and Master403. Going to a little different subject...I think the "Peter Gunn" theme music (Henry Mancini) was one of the best television musical themes ever. Any other nominations?

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                            Peter Gunn's police-detective buddy (character's name escapes me at the moment) was played by Herschel Bernardi
                            it came to me (mostly): Lieutenant Jacoby! (now we'll see if the old brain continues to work in background and can come up with his first name.

Comment

Forget Lieutenant Jacoby. What was Lola Albright's character's name in "Peter Gunn"? Hint: Gold medal anchor leg in Munich.

Comment

Working...
                              X