Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am surprised that no one has mentioned TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY.

Comment

After doing a little research, I discovered that athletes that attended Tennessee State University have won 23 Olympic medals (13 golds, 6 silvers, 4 bronze). If I am not mistaken, all four members of the 1960 U.S. women's 4x1 relay track team was from Tennessee State. (Is that counted as one, or is that counted as four?)

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post

Don't feel bad Bob, my school has zero as well, just a bronze ( Shankle 110H 56), and silver ( Sime 100 60 )
        Actually, Steve, your school has several gold medalists, just not in athletics.

Comment

My schools have done pretty well for themselves. Indiana was a swimming powerhouse for a long time. TAMU has produced a number of olympians.

Comment

Someone did our homework for us: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Olympic_medals

Comment

As noted above, I've got a far more complete spreadsheet than that Wikipedia page, and I'm also sure its more accurate

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                Oh. Ok. I thought we were only talking about track and field. My bad. Good info however.

Comment

Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
                  After doing a little research, I discovered that athletes that attended Tennessee State University have won 23 Olympic medals (13 golds, 6 silvers, 4 bronze). If I am not mistaken, all four members of the 1960 U.S. women's 4x1 relay track team was from Tennessee State. (Is that counted as one, or is that counted as four?)
                  4 !

Comment

My undergrad alma mater only has one Olympic medalist that I know of.

He has the distinction of being the only person ever to win an Olympic medal and be awarded a Nobel Prize.

And his medal was in athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by player View Post
                      My undergrad alma mater only has one Olympic medalist that I know of.

He has the distinction of being the only person ever to win an Olympic medal and be awarded a Nobel Prize.

And his medal was in athletics.
                      You studied at King's College, Cambridge?

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

You studied at King's College, Cambridge?
                        He is also claimed as an alumnus of an institution on this side of the pond, as I'm sure you can readily verify.

Comment

Philip Baker took the Olympic silver medal in the 1920 1,500. His teammate (Albert Hill) won the 800 and two days later, he won the 1,500. Baker won the Nobel Prize around 1959.

Comment

It appears Kansas State has exactly two Olympic gold medalists in track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Actually, Steve, your school has several gold medalists, just not in athletics.
                              Same with the Naval Academy ... just not in Athletics. Crew & Shooting. And David Robinson from the Dream Team!

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post
                                It appears Kansas State has exactly two Olympic gold medalists in track and field.
                                Plus at least 2 in basketball - Bob Boozer & Mitch Richmond.

Comment

Working...
                                X