Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctors and math.
    Last edited by J Rorick; 08-02-2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
      Doctors and math.
      Especially sad since I was a math and physics major in college - I'm not exactly your doctor who doesn't get math

Comment

I "figured" that, but I couldn't resist.

Comment

Peter Rono's win in the '88 1500 was a pretty big surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by KDFINE View Post
            Peter Rono's win in the '88 1500 was a pretty big surprise.
            I thought of this one myself however Rono had won the Kenyan OTs that year so maybe it wasn't that big of a surprise. Great race to watch with Rono scooting off and just mad manning it to the finish holding off all competitors.

Comment

I didn't think of it, but I should have.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I thought of this one myself however Rono had won the Kenyan OTs that year so maybe it wasn't that big of a surprise. Great race to watch with Rono scooting off and just mad manning it to the finish holding off all competitors.
                I think it was 2 or 3 years before Rono won another international race.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

I think it was 2 or 3 years before Rono won another international race.
                  Interesting stat. If World Athletics is correct, Rono went 39 races at 1500/mile, indoors and out, without a win until winning a pair of indoor 1500s in Belgium in 1996.
                  Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

What I remember most was the number of times Rono looked back on the last lap. A Kenny Moore article has a count of 13 times in the last 200 meters. It was quite a shock, since I always believed in "Never look back. It's a sign of weakness."
                    Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

Originally posted by Master403 View Post

What I remember most was the number of times Rono looked back on the last lap. A Kenny Moore article has a count of 13 times in the last 200 meters. It was quite a shock, since I always believed in "Never look back. It's a sign of weakness."
                      Satchel Paige said "Don't look back something might be gaining on you."

Rono also wasn't the best guy on the starting line from his own school as Kip Cheruyiot was also in the field from MSM.

Comment

I rewatched "Tokyo Olympiad" tonight, and was reminded of Lynn Davies' upset win in the m LJ!

Comment

Maureen Caird, who had only just turned 17 while in Mexico City, is another one.

Comment

1988 was the only year that Peter Rono was ranked by T&Fn.

Comment

I’ll go with centrowitz. I was really shocked at that race.

Comment

I wasn't shocked to see Centrowitz win in Rio. I was shocked to watch the field let him dictate the pace through the whole race.

Comment

Working...
                                X