Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR As A Teenager

Happy 59th birthday today (Saturday) to an Olympic champion who competed in three Olympic Games and in only one event (not the hurdles).

Our birthday athlete won that Olympic gold medal approximately 5,683 miles (9,147 km) from where this champion was born.

You may know that this person won a silver medal at the World Indoor Championships and represented two different nations during an athletic career.

This birthday athlete married a national champion in the long jump from another country.

Last Tuesday (August 11) marked the 36th anniversary of the day our birthday champion won that Olympic gold medal.

Now that I gave it to you, please name this Olympic gold medalist with a birthday on this third Saturday of August.

A 1984 gold medalist who repped 2 countries. Must be from Europe. Can't think of anyone who repped 2 countries, unless it was because of national changes due to fall of Soviet Union. How about a West German winner who later repped Germany. Dietmar Mögenberg might fit this. Think he set a WR as a teenager, too.

Comment

Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
      A 1984 gold medalist who repped 2 countries. Must be from Europe. Can't think of anyone who repped 2 countries, unless it was because of national changes due to fall of Soviet Union. How about a West German winner who later repped Germany. Dietmar Mögenberg might fit this. Think he set a WR as a teenager, too.
      I think his career finished before German unification.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

I think his career finished before German unification.
        No, he competed at the 1992 Olympics for unified Germany

Comment

Happy birthday today to Dietmar Mogenburg. Mogenburg competed in the high jump at Los Angeles (1984) where he won the gold medal. He was sixth place in Seoul in 1988 and he did not make the finals in Barcelona (1992). Very well done, J Rorick.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

No, he competed at the 1992 Olympics for unified Germany
            I must be getting old as, having now looked it up, I'd forgotten that he just missed a medal at the 1990 Europeans where I was a spectator!

Comment

Working...
            X