Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Davis - 10 years

This isn't exactly a "current event", but today marks ten years since the passing of my best friend in the sport. To this day, when I hear a good joke one of my first thoughts is often "Davis will love this one, . . . . . oh, . . . scratch that."
    Scott first got me involved in meet announcing back in the mid-80s, as well as statistical work with FAST, where I compiled the women's hurdles and horizontal jumps for a number of years.

Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
    This isn't exactly a "current event", but today marks ten years since the passing of my best friend in the sport. To this day, when I hear a good joke one of my first thoughts is often "Davis will love this one, . . . . . oh, . . . scratch that."
    Scott first got me involved in meet announcing back in the mid-80s, as well as statistical work with FAST, where I compiled the women's hurdles and horizontal jumps for a number of years.
    I miss Scott, in and out of the booth. Truly one of the funniest men I knew.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

One year at Sunkist the meet had no announcing for about 2-3 minutes because Scott and I were both laughing our asses off so hard we couldn't speak. Courtesy of Barry Schreiber and Jack Shepard.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
        Loved Scott. Rarely saw him but we spoke on the phone 2-3 times a month for years. Always had a joke for me and I usually had one for him. I always called him Elgin Scott and he called me Elgin Bill. You'll have to figure out why.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
          Loved Scott. Rarely saw him but we spoke on the phone 2-3 times a month for years. Always had a joke for me and I usually had one for him. I always called him Elgin Scott and he called me Elgin Bill. You'll have to figure out why.
          Who went to Baylor?

I met him back in 1984 (?) when FAST was first standing up and we spoke at an LA meet - the Olympics?! I definitely knew who he was w/o the FAST affiliation.

Comment

I always remember when Bob Hersh gave a session on Meet Announcing at a USATF Annual Meeting and Scott showed up and added some pointers. Listening to the two of them was fascinating.

Comment

Working...
            X