Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scott Davis - 10 years

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scott Davis - 10 years

    This isn't exactly a "current event", but today marks ten years since the passing of my best friend in the sport. To this day, when I hear a good joke one of my first thoughts is often "Davis will love this one, . . . . . oh, . . . scratch that."
    Scott first got me involved in meet announcing back in the mid-80s, as well as statistical work with FAST, where I compiled the women's hurdles and horizontal jumps for a number of years.

  • #2
    Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
    This isn't exactly a "current event", but today marks ten years since the passing of my best friend in the sport. To this day, when I hear a good joke one of my first thoughts is often "Davis will love this one, . . . . . oh, . . . scratch that."
    Scott first got me involved in meet announcing back in the mid-80s, as well as statistical work with FAST, where I compiled the women's hurdles and horizontal jumps for a number of years.
    I miss Scott, in and out of the booth. Truly one of the funniest men I knew.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by gm View Post

      I miss Scott, in and out of the booth. Truly one of the funniest men I knew.
      One year at Sunkist the meet had no announcing for about 2-3 minutes because Scott and I were both laughing our asses off so hard we couldn't speak. Courtesy of Barry Schreiber and Jack Shepard.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by gm View Post
        I miss Scott, in and out of the booth. Truly one of the funniest men I knew.
        Loved Scott. Rarely saw him but we spoke on the phone 2-3 times a month for years. Always had a joke for me and I usually had one for him. I always called him Elgin Scott and he called me Elgin Bill. You'll have to figure out why.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
          Loved Scott. Rarely saw him but we spoke on the phone 2-3 times a month for years. Always had a joke for me and I usually had one for him. I always called him Elgin Scott and he called me Elgin Bill. You'll have to figure out why.
          Who went to Baylor?

          I met him back in 1984 (?) when FAST was first standing up and we spoke at an LA meet - the Olympics?! I definitely knew who he was w/o the FAST affiliation.

          Comment


          • #6
            I always remember when Bob Hersh gave a session on Meet Announcing at a USATF Annual Meeting and Scott showed up and added some pointers. Listening to the two of them was fascinating.

            Comment

            Working...
            X