Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And hopefully you'll see it soon on the T&F News website historical results when the Women's AAU/TAC results for 1923-85 are put up on the site - per EGH, I think it is close to happening. DJ and I did this together a couple years ago, with some proofing assistance from John Brant.

Comment

Compared to the 4x800 at the time rather soft. Still a WR is a WR...

WR book...

Comment

True, well short of the 4x800 record at the time. But quite good for anything other than a national team, as all the superior records were.

Comment

Originally posted by dj View Post
          True, well short of the 4x800 record at the time. But quite good for anything other than a national team, as all the superior records were.
          Indeed a great time for 1975 for a club or university. Even these days it would be fine performance.

But still a huge difference for basically the same event.
          Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-16-2020, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Also a large difference in the WR 4x440 and 4x400 for women in those days but not quite so dramatic.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
              With Johannes Vetter perhaps on the cusp of becoming the WR holder in the javelin
              I would still consider that unlikely. As great as Zelezny was, for as long as he was, his 98.48 was still some 3 meters farther than his second best mark. Vetter has already got his outlier mark, and I would bet against him getting another one.
              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Working...
              X