• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provo 25/05/85...

100m

Courtney Brown (Can) 2) 1.6 10.33a

Does anyone has 1st place?

Tracknewsletter doesn't seem to have any results for Provo "Utah" for 25 May 1985...

Nothing in the ATFS or FAST Annuals. (Ha! I just realized they're anagrams. Association of T&F Statisticians vs. Federation of American Statisticians of Track).

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Nothing in the ATFS or FAST Annuals. (Ha! I just realized they're anagrams. Association of T&F Statisticians vs. Federation of American Statisticians of Track).
      How is that possible? Or did Brown really finished in 1st place thus his second place indicates a typo?

Comment

You should have heard the names/acronyms that Scott Davis and I discussed for what became FAST when we were trying to start it up circa 1982-83 with Stan Eales and DJ. As you might imagine, not really repeatable here.

Comment

It looks like Lester Washington ran 10.33 in 1985. Could he be the winner in Provo on 25/05/85?

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
            You should have heard the names/acronyms that Scott Davis and I discussed for what became FAST when we were trying to start it up circa 1982-83 with Stan Eales and DJ. As you might imagine, not really repeatable here.
            Um . . . not to toot my feeble horn, but when the call went out to create an American version of NUTS, I got the initial letter and they announced a contest to name the new org. I immediately sent back "FAST - Federation of American Statisticians of Track" and Scott Davis wrote to me, good name, but I never heard anything else and then the announcement came that it was FAST.
            I guess someone else COULD have come up with it, but I'm betting mine was at least the first to suggest it.

Comment

Originally posted by AFTERBURNER View Post
              100m

Courtney Brown (Can) 2) 1.6 10.33a

Does anyone has 1st place?

Tracknewsletter doesn't seem to have any results for Provo "Utah" for 25 May 1985...
              There was a Special Olympics meet on the BYU track in Provo on May 25 in '85

Comment

Um . . . not to toot my feeble horn, but when the call went out to create an American version of NUTS, I got the initial letter and they announced a contest to name the new org. I immediately sent back "FAST - Federation of American Statisticians of Track" and Scott Davis wrote to me, good name, but I never heard anything else and then the announcement came that it was FAST.
                I guess someone else COULD have come up with it, but I'm betting mine was at least the first to suggest it.
                That's probably accurate. Scott and I had multiple calls about it and he may have suggested it to me after hearing it from you.

The one thing I can definitely claim is the logo, which I designed and drew.

Comment

Working...
                X