Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US indoor 1500m in 1979

Hi, am currently building world indoor mens 1500m yearlists. All i have for Steve Ave is 3:42.5m and 3:42.7 for Jim Norris. Has anyone any more info, like, place, venue, date. As usual my respects to all and seasons greetings. Keep safe. Bill Darby.

Sorry everybody i meant 1989

Comment

As the originator of the thread you can edit the title.

Comment

There is no 1989 listing for Steve Ave in either the TN indoor list or the FAST Annual.

There is for Norris's 3:42.7: Haverford, Jan 20, 1st place. Running for New Balance TC.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          There is no 1989 listing for Steve Ave in either the TN indoor list or the FAST Annual.

There is for Norris's 3:42.7: Haverford, Jan 20, 1st place. Running for New Balance TC.
          Ave's mark IS on a 1989 list, just no indication where it was done.

Comment

I see both 3:42.5 by Ave and 3:42.7 by Norris in the US 1989 list in TN Vol 35 No.7 (13 April 1989). However, neither mark is flagged with an "i", which implies they were both outdoor.

Comment

Originally posted by ianb View Post
              I see both 3:42.5 by Ave and 3:42.7 by Norris in the US 1989 list in TN Vol 35 No.7 (13 April 1989). However, neither mark is flagged with an "i", which implies they were both outdoor.
              You're looking at the 1989 indoor list

Comment

It's not labeled as an indoor list and that list includes some marks that were clearly set outdoors.

Comment

Sorry--You're looking at page 49(overall list), while I was looking at page 51(indoor list)
                  And you're right, they're not indicated as indoor marks on the overall list, but they both appear on the indoor list.

Comment

Oops. You're right. I was looking at the overall list and wrongly assumed that was the only list in the issue. Never scrolled down that far.

Comment

Working...
                    X