Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milton Supman

Happy 68th birthday today (Monday) to an Olympic champion who won Olympic medals in three consecutive Olympic Games.

This athlete set a world record about two years after winning the first of those three medals.

A fairly "famous" comedian (television), who shared the same initials as our birthday individual, died about 12 years ago.

Some of you may not know this comedian because you weren't alive when he was on television or because he was only fairly "famous".

Our birthday athlete competed in the same event at four Olympics, but not in the hurdles.

Please name our birthday champion on this penultimate Monday of April.

I don't know the answer, but if he/she was born 1953, the probable consecutive Olympics were 1972–1976–1980 or 1976–1980–1984. Because of the boycotts, we could also make some guesses about the nationality. At least he/she is not American or West German. Just a guess: Pietro Mennea?

Comment

Pietro Mennea is a very good guess, Olli, however it is not correct. You are right about the three consecutive Olympics (1976, 1980, and 1984). When the correct answer is revealed, you will understand why Mennea is such a very good pick.

Comment

I think I am allowed to have a new guess: Sara Simeoni. (If this is wrong, too, I will definitely leave it to others.)

Comment

Simeoni sounds right, and the comedian would be Soupy Sales.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
            Soupy Sales.
            Never heard. Probably not shown where I am living.

Comment

Happy birthday today to Sara Simeoni and very well done, Olli. Of course, Sara Simeoni competed in the Olympic high jump in Munich (6th place), Montreal (silver), Moscow (gold), and Los Angeles (another silver). She set a world record of 2.01 (6' 7") in August of 1978 and tied that mark some 27 days later.

Soupy Sales is the fairly "famous" comedian some of you may have seen on television in the early 1960's. His name at birth is the title of this thread. Good job, tandfman.

I would be surprised if anyone saw Soupy Sales on television in Europe. I have been surprised before and of course, I could be wrong.

Thank you Olli and tandfman.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
                Happy birthday today to Sara Simeoni and very well done, Olli. Of course, Sara Simeoni competed in the Olympic high jump in Munich (6th place), Montreal (silver), Moscow (gold), and Los Angeles (another silver). She set a world record of 2.01 (6' 7") in August of 1978 and tied that mark some 27 days later.

Soupy Sales is the fairly "famous" comedian some of you may have seen on television in the early 1960's. His name at birth is the title of this thread. Good job, tandfman.

I would be surprised if anyone saw Soupy Sales on television in Europe. I have been surprised before and of course, I could be wrong.

Thank you Olli and tandfman.
                If I recall correctly Soupy Sales was mentioned in an episode of Friends. I think he was mentioned by an older character and the young main characters hadn't heard of him. That's the only reason I've heard of him.

Comment

Some of you may enjoy this while others will wonder what's going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKw651RQvMg

Comment

Working...
                  X