Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "G.G."

Happy birthday today (Tuesday) to an Olympic champion who made three Olympic Games and won a total of four Olympic medals.

This champion did not compete in the Olympic hurdles.

Our birthday athlete is the only Olympic athlete to accomplish a certain performance at the OIympic Games and shares the same initials as another Olympic champion.

Born 83 yeas ago today, this individual never married and died at the age of 79.

Remember that other Olympic champion (the one with the same initials)?

He won his Olympic gold medal about nine years before our birthday person died.

Geoffrey Kirui and Rose Chelimo won the marathons at the World Championships the same day our birthday champion died.

Can you name our birthday athlete on this third Tuesday of April?

Please give it a try and good luck.

No idea. I just had to check to see if someone created a thread about G.G. Allin.

Comment

I also have no idea about the answer. An athlete that fits some of the clues is Mohammed Gammoudi (three Olympics, four medals, if I am right), and the age is about right. But I doubt he accomplished anything so unique.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown View Post
        No idea. I just had to check to see if someone created a thread about G.G. Allin.
        I thought Glenn Gould...

Comment

Let me give you some help. This athlete was not born in the Americas, Asia, Antarctica, Africa, or Europe and won a total of four Olympic gold medals. Please don't disallow the hurdles when thinking about that other Olympic champion (the one with the same initials as our birthday person).

Comment

Did you give too much help? There are not many continents left. In any case, I made some research, so I cannot make more guesses.

Comment

Betty Cuthbert?

Comment

Betty Cuthbert.
                Just guessing an Aussie who a bunch of medals

Comment

Damn Looen beat me to Betty.
                  Also I think she is only person to win 10o, 200, 400

Comment

Betty Cuthbert was born 83 years ago today. Nice going, LopenUupunut. You were close, Tuariki.

Cuthbert competed in three Olympic Games: 1956, she won the 100, the 200, and she anchored the winning four by 100 relay team that set a world record of 44.5.

1960, she did not make the final in the 100.

1964, she won the gold medal in the 400.

Some of you may remember her Australian nickname of the "Golden Girl".

Cuthbert suffered from multiple sclerosis and passed away on the first Sunday of August in 2017.

Thank you LopenUupunut and Tuariki.

Comment

The other B. C must be Bryan Clay

Comment

Originally posted by Olli View Post

I thought Glenn Gould...
                        when I hear "gi-gi" I think Leslie Caron

Comment

Originally posted by noone View Post
                          The other B. C must be Bryan Clay
                          Yes, it is. Winner of the decathlon in Beijing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                            Damn Looen beat me to Betty.
                            Also I think she is only person to win 10o, 200, 400
                            Not actually - Goldine (Susan Anton) also did it in Goldengirl - and all at one Olympics

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
                              Let me give you some help. This athlete was not born in the Americas, Asia, Antarctica, Africa, or Europe and won a total of four Olympic gold medals. Please don't disallow the hurdles when thinking about that other Olympic champion (the one with the same initials as our birthday person).
                              I'm always just about to get the answer when "this athlete was not born in Antarctica" throws me off the trail! (sarcasm alert)

Comment

Working...
                              X