Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "T. F. H."

Happy birthday today (Monday) to an Olympic champion who competed in three Olympic Games (all in Europe).

This person was born 103 years ago today and died at the age of 85.

Our birthday athlete competed in five different events during those three Games.

The father of our birthday athlete was a shot putter and a discus thrower.

You might know that the initials in our title refers to a famous nickname for this Olympic champion.

Any more clues will probably give away the answer to this fine athlete.

Please name our birthday individual on this 17th Monday of 2021.

I think this is pretty easy, but I had to check spelling, so I'll leave it to others.

Comment

Yes I agree, not hard. The initials in the title are very helpful.

Comment

Must be Fanny Blanjers Koen
        Berlin, London, Helsinki

Comment

Fanny Blankers-Koen was born 103 years ago today in the Netherlands. Very well done, Tuariki. Fanny Blankers-Koen, as reported by Tuariki, competed in Berlin (1936), London (1948), and Helsinki (1952).

She was only 18 years old at her first Olympics (Berlin) and she tied for fifth place in the high jump (1.55 or 5' 1") and she ran the second leg on the Dutch four by 100 relay team that took fifth place in the final.

At the London Olympic Games (1948), Fanny was 30 years old and won an amazing four Olympic gold medals. She won the 100, the 200, the 80 hurdles, and she anchored the winning four by 100 relay to another gold medal.

Her last Olympics came in 1952 (Helsinki) where she didn't make the final in the 100 and she hit the second hurdle in the 80 hurdles and did not finish the race.

Of course her famous nickname was "The Flying Housewife". Fanny had five brothers and her husband was 15 years older than she was. Fanny died at the age of 85 in January of 2004.

Thank you, Tuariki, Olli, and noone.
          Last edited by DoubleRBar; 04-27-2021, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Are you sure she competed in Melbourne?

Comment

No, her last Olympics was Helsinki in 1952. My brain and my fingers weren't working together on that one. Thank you, noone.

Comment

Working...
              X