Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes or No trivia...

Did Carl Lewis ever beat Michael Johnson in a 200m race?

With a 50 % chance of being correct, I say no.

Comment

Ahaha... Indeed. I haven't found any stat proving the contrary. In French language, we name it "un chat noir" (someone you will never beat when you used to dominate an event)
      Last edited by 79; 05-03-2021, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Since the 200 was a secondary event for both (3rd for Lewis) they may have never raced ?

Comment

Since Lewis was 6+ years older than Johnson, they weren't exactly "contemporaries." 6 years is a huge gap in sprint years.

If nothing else, Johnson beat Lewis in the OT races of '92 and '96, when Carl was 31 and 35.

Comment

It would have had to have been at the 88 Trials, yes? I think MJ was injured, so he 'ducked' a loss there?!

Comment

Johnson ran only the 400 at the '88 OT and was 7th (and last) in his heat

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                Johnson ran only the 400 at the '88 OT and was 7th (and last) in his heat
                And his last loss at 400 until Paris 1997.

I saw Johnson run a 400 in person twice. And it was those 2 races.
                Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-04-2021, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Oh wow, I played a hunch, looked in a specific place for it, found it, and if ANYone gets it, I will be super-impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It was in Lausanne in July, 1993. Lewis 19.99, Johnson 20.06.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                      It was in Lausanne in July, 1993. Lewis 19.99, Johnson 20.06.
                      How the HELL did you remember that??!!

Comment

Tandfman 👉🏻🏆🏆🏆

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          How the HELL did you remember that??!!
                          I didn't. I did what you did--looked in a specific place and found it.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                            I didn't. I did what you did--looked in a specific place and found it.
                            X-Squeeze me, but I thought looking up the answer and posting it was strictly VERBOTEN in these kinds of trial pursuits!!!!

Comment

I didn't think it was verboten under these circumstances. If I violated the rulz, I apologize to all.

Comment

Working...
                              X