Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Versatile throwers

Which throwers have been the most versatile? Without looking it up, I am pretty sure Micheline Ostermeyer and Tamara Press have won Olympic gold in SP and DT, and Gerhard Stock medaled in SP and JT in 1936. Have there been others? And who was the best across all four events? I believe Mac Wilkins dabbled in HT and JT.

Wilkins definitely threw the jav. IIRC, At one point, he earned the nickname "Multiple Mac".

Comment

For just shot-discus I'd go with O'Brien. In his lesser event he was ranked eight times, and once he was ranked first. We often see on this forum scoring tables for the sprint events. Who here has the data to compile the same for the throwing events?

Comment

Randy Matson also a great discus thrower (and pretty good basketball player).

Comment

https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...y-sp-dt-double

Partially discussed here - John Godina may be your answer mSP/mDT combo.

Comment

Godina was world ranked in the discus four times.

Comment

This being a historical thread I think you need to go back to Bud Houser.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                Wilkins definitely threw the jav. IIRC, At one point, he earned the nickname "Multiple Mac".
                as a frosh, Wilkins was No. 8 on the yearly collegiate list

the first time he ever had his picture in the magazine it was throwing the javelin

Comment

Working...
                X