Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the WR book on it... so the decision was basically since the officials didn't bother to read the wind it should still count... no matter what...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-23-2021, 09:24 PM.

Comment

The first isn't true...

Comment

Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
        In case those new to these message boards are wondering why this topic strikes a nerve with some posters, there is a long history going back 18 years here, including posts by Shinnick himself.

https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...expert-support

https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...merican-record

https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...3-world-record

https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...40-years-later
        I remember all those...

Comment

Well good for him!
          Last edited by proofs in the pudd'in; 05-24-2021, 02:17 AM. Reason: I don't yhink god had anything to do with it ;)

Comment

Attention: GH

Greetings from the boondocks in the mountains north of Wellington

Tried to send a PM to you but not possible - but on reflection, for obvious reasons.

My friend who sent me the extracts of the Shinnick decision has just asked me to take down the posting of that decision as he says the decision is embargoed until 28 May 2021.

He didn't send me the whole decision, just the extracts I posted. And he didn't mention that it was embargoed.

I leave it up to you to decide what to do about the thread, although I don't see how it is possible to put this cat back in its cage.

Comment

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
              Well god for him!
              Not sure how much God would care but that certainly would explain the decision.

Comment

But what does this decision mean in practical terms anyway? I don't believe WA publishes a WR progression on its website. The only place I have seen the official progression is the book that gets published every few years. I guess what they can do in the next edition is what they did with the 10.49, i.e. state it was officially recognized, but call BS on it. Here's an excerpt from the 2011 edition:

IMG_20210524_014958 (2).jpg
                Attached Files
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
                  But what does this decision mean in practical terms anyway? I don't believe WA publishes a WR progression on its website. The only place I have seen the official progression is the book that gets published every few years. I guess what they can do in the next edition is what they did with the 10.49, i.e. state it was officially recognized, but call BS on it. Here's an excerpt from the 2011 edition:

Yes I could see them doing that...

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Not sure how much God would care but that certainly would explain the decision.
                    Ha! Maybe he prayed for some help

Comment

Assuming I'm still alive and well for the next edition, the Shinnick mark will be included, together with what I think is appropriate comment

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post

Just to be clear, the World Record Progression Book is published by WA/IAAF, but it is almost entirely the work of Richard Hymans, a frequent poster herein. A number of us on here have helped Richard a little, but at least 90%+ of the work is his alone.

Comment

Still to be amended by WA

Screenshot_20210531_072150_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rhymans View Post
                            Assuming I'm still alive and well for the next edition, the Shinnick mark will be included, together with what I think is appropriate comment
                            I'll look forward to that.

Comment

Working...
                            X