X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    obviously, top-coach thinking is remaarkably geographically oriented (both domestic and international)
    Wetmore does a fine job at Colorado using domestic athletes...but then again it's Boulder....

To get folks to come to Arkansas, WSU or UTEP you definitely have to look internationally.

Leave a comment:

• schigh
    replied
    Back to our regular programing. It strikes me the Coach McDonnell was someone who related to the athletes no matter what and they loved him for that. I mean Tyson Gay, Wallace Spearmon, Alister Cragg, Daniel Lincoln all around the same time. 4 very different guys who found their groove under McDonnell. I was at an SEC Xcountry championship once and as we went to different spots on the course for the best view during the race and I would see McDonnell near me and thought I must be in the right place.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

I think Lydiard has a much greater claim to Mt Rushmore

edit edit

Not Rushmore. Accept GH's rationale. Then to Everest given a kiwi was first to the top.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    I'm prepared to accept that a T&F coaching Mount Rushmore can be US only. It's not like the actual one has leaders of other countries on it.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    obviously, top-coach thinking is remaarkably geographically oriented (both domestic and international)

Leave a comment:

• schigh
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    Someone on Twitter said McDonnell would be on his Mt Rushmore of coaches.
    He didn't speify just T&F coaches, but it made me think who I'd put on a Mt Rushmore of T&F coaches.
    They can be living or dead.

McDonnell
    Bowerman
    Dellinger
    Henry
    No Payton Jordan?

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by GaryC View Post
    Worldwide - Percy Cerutty!
    I tbink Lydiard has a much greater claim to Mt Rushmore

Leave a comment:

• noone
    replied
    Worldwide, Stampfl and Igloi!

Leave a comment:

• GaryC
    replied
    Worldwide - Percy Cerutty!

Leave a comment:

• Halfmiler2
    replied
    Giegengack, Tuppeny, Carnes

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    replied
    Mike Murphy
    Dean Cromwell

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    After the 1988 Indoor NCAA in OKC, Dick Booth recruited me to resurrect the Arkansas horizontal officials crew. John had little palaver with the jumps but was always cordial and appreciative. Some years later, a long jumper on his first NCAA championship team moved to OKC and I recruited him to my horizontal crew. He has built his credentials and is now a leading national horizontal jump official.
    Last edited by lonewolf; 06-09-2021, 05:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• noone
    replied
    John Chaplin, maybe?

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by noone View Post
    Or Jumbo Jim
    Absolutely!

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    There are endless number of top coaches...Al Carius at North Central....Ted Haydon.....Don Amidei...Joe Newton etc.
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-09-2021, 12:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X