Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your top 3 favourite all-time hurdlers?...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite is different from best all-time - it's personal and likely influenced by who was top when you first became aware of the the sport.

For me:
    Milburn
    Davenport
    Akii Bua

Comment

Liu Xiang, Felix Sanchez, Sally Pearson

Comment

Before my time, but "Bones." Too many others to choose from.

Comment

I'd have to say Akii-Bua for his massive achievements and unfulfilled potential. While Skeets was also unfulfilled, the reasons are a joke compared to JA-B https://www.nytimes.com/1997/06/25/s...mpic-gold.html

Next would be Liu Xiang despite his unreasonable Asian advantage, according to some on this board, of "being too slow" compared to USA hurdlers.

And, of course, Sally Pearson, for dragging women's hurdles out of the mid-12s doldrums and because, well, Australia!!!

Comment

Nehemiah, Foster, Devers

Comment

I'll just name one, who only Bambam would even know:

Joel Shankle

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
                I'll just name one, who only Bambam would even know:

Joel Shankle
                In 2002, on the 50th anniversary of the ACC, the conference selected its all-time teams in every sport, selecting 50 athletes for each sport. Of the Duke athletes selected to the various teams, only 2 of them were not in the Duke Sports Hall of Fame. Joel Shankle is one of the two and he is still not in there.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

In 2002, on the 50th anniversary of the ACC, the conference selected its all-time teams in every sport, selecting 50 athletes for each sport. Of the Duke athletes selected to the various teams, only 2 of them were not in the Duke Sports Hall of Fame. Joel Shankle is one of the two and he is still not in there.
                  You would think that 1955 NCAA champ in the Long Jump, and Bronze medalist in the 1956 Olympic 1956 110 HH, , would suffice !

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
                    You would think that 1955 NCAA champ in the Long Jump, and Bronze medalist in the 1956 Olympic 1956 110 HH, , would suffice !
                    You would think that. He was also a decent decathlete.

Comment

Akii Bua
                      Moses
                      Skeets

Comment

Willie Davenport would be in my top-3. I think he's the only 4-time US Olympic high hurdler. Back in 1967 he was in London with Richmond Flowers running at the hurdlers graveyard - the White City track in the USA-GBR dual. The British duo was Alan Pascoe, and Stu Story. Stu was dqed for 2 false starts, and reinstated on Davenport's request. Flowers got a flier, and WD eventually won 13.-13.8, with 5 yards to spare. He didn't need to make a generous gesture, but he did. A touch of class.

Comment

Working...
                        X