X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Athletes and their drug usage

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/w ... index.html

Re: Chinese Athletes and their drug usage

"Maybe [drugs] played a bigger role than we thought,'' said Dave Martin, chair of sports medicine for USA Track and Field and a physiology professor at Georgia State."

Nominated for the "Intuitive Grasp of the Obvious" award. y'think?

Comment

It makes you wonder why FINA caught all those swimmers and the IAAF missed them. Possibly the relative lack of cash in swimming?

The record book is riddled with drug-assisted marks. I'm pretty darn sure the women's marathon record is clean; after that, my confidence weakens.

Comment

It's all about money. The American sprinters are apparently protected by the US "Federation". The doped E. Africans are protected by location and governments that see winning as a national imperative, like the Chinese. I should add that the US and its sprinters and the E. Africans are also protected by an IAAF that has worked itself into a corner due to its inaction when it should have done something. Now, we see the occasional gotcha! Most people caught on drugs are by accident anyway, a doctor's screw up.

With Lagat turning up positive, I'm sure many Europeans are nodding their heads, or have had their eyes opened.

Comment

Working...
        X