Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malika - Miya

Happy 74th birthday today (Wednesday) to an Olympic champion who also won an Olympic silver medal.

This champion competed at two Olympic Games in three different events.

Our birthday athlete won Olympic gold in the same continent where this individual was born.

The gold medal won by this person came with a world record.

Don't even think about the hurdles when considering various Olympic track & field events for this athlete.

The Golden Eagles flew over the Rebels, the Trojans and the Titans.

An actress, born about 14 years before our birthday athlete, shares the same initials with our birthday champion.

If you would "get smart", you might remember this actress.

Please name our birthday champion on this fourth and final Wednesday of July.

Agent 99

Is it Barbara Ferrell?
    She was on ITA with me.

Comment

Malika and Miya names of her daughters

Comment

Barbara Ferrell is 74 today. Very good, Tuariki. You're pretty good at this. Yes, Malika and Miya are her two daughters that tore up the track in high school (Southern California). Nice going, gh. I wasn't sure anyone would get the title.

Barbara Ferrell made two Olympic teams (1968 & 1972). In Mexico City she got the Olympic silver medal in the women's 100, was fourth place in the 200, and five days after winning the silver medal, she got a gold medal when she ran the first leg on the winning four by 100 relay that set a world record of 42.8.

In Munich (1972) she was seventh place in the 100 and did not make the 200 final.

After her competitive days in track, she coached at Cal State Los Angeles, USC, University of Nevada at Las Vegas, and San Marino High School (next door to Pasadena). Her husband is Warren Edmonson.

Thank you, Tuariki and gh.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
          Barbara Ferrell is 74 today. Very good, Tuariki. You're pretty good at this. Yes, Malika and Miya are her two daughters that tore up the track in high school (Southern California).
          Kicking myself now, as I remember them well. Malika was a member of the St Bernard team that still holds the state meet record in the 4x1 after 24 years, with no threats anywhere on the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
            Agent 99

Is it Barbara Ferrell?
            She was on ITA with me.
            I remember Barbara Ferrell but I believe Barbara Feldon was Agent 99.

Comment

Missed it by THAT much!

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

You're right, lonewolf. Barbara Feldon played Agent 99. I believe Feldon is still alive and maybe close to 88. Maybe she'll live to be 99.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post

You're right, lonewolf. Barbara Feldon played Agent 99. I believe Feldon is still alive and maybe close to 88. Maybe she'll live to be 99.
                  is that the $64,000 Question?

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

That's why I was I was able to get it. In the 60s we only had 1 tv channel in NZ for 5 hours a day. I was a fan of Get Smart and knew Don Adams and Barbara Feldon were agents 86 and 99 respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

That's why I was I was able to get it. In the 60s we only had 1 tv channel in NZ for 5 hours a day. I was a fan of Get Smart and knew Don Adams and Barbara Feldon were agents 86 and 99 respectively.
                      but do you get the $64,000 Question?!

Comment

Shakespeare!

Comment

I'll go you one better. In the 1930s-40s, there was a radio quiz show where the grand prize was 64 silver dollars. Can't remember the host or name of the show but when men were working 14 hours days for a dollar, that was a fortune.

Comment

Before discussing this one further we should all go into the Cone of Silence

Comment

...and use the sneeze code.

Comment

Working...
                              X